ad

Looking for sourcer/mentor North

J

JessicaTaylor

Hi. We have been looking for property (ies) to invest in but with two young kids and full time jobs has been too challenging. We are looking to get to know other investors, especially in the North (Manchester etc) that could possibly work with us. Thanks.

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Jessica!

Welcome to the forum firstly!

Great to hear you're keen to start investing, that's the main first step.

Sounds like some more hands off property investments would be ideal for you. There are some good options out there which give excellent yields and good security. The main things to check are the developer's track record and the underlying security. Do your own due diligence and work with trusted and respected agents.

I wouldn't limit yourself to other investors having to be up North as with the power of the Internet help can come from anywhere (like on our property forum!) and with email, Skype etc communicating is easier than ever. Feel free to post any deals your looking at on here so we can help advise on them...

If you have any questions please ask away as we're here to help all landlords and investors!

M

Michelle Barringer

Forum Partner
Hi Jessica,

If you are considering your 1st investment it is a good idea to build a good team around you so you have some expert help when you need it

- it is worth talking to some agents who can talk you about the different options available
-Also a good solicitor who understands property investing

It sound like something hands off would suit you well as then you have no day to day responsibilities - within the hands off market there are lots of sectors to choose form including:

-Student
-Care Home
-Hotel
-Villas

Each sector has its benefits so do some research and see what suits you best.

If you need any help please feel free to message me

Thanks

Michelle

J

Judith Beilby

Premium Member
Hi Jessica,
Great advice already but I would add that attending property networking events is also a good start. I believe PIN runs a networking even in Manchester as do PPN. The presentations can be very useful and enable you to narrow down the area you wish to target your investments.
My only suggestion would be aware of heavy sell training courses. There is plenty of advice available for free and by connecting with other investors on sites such as this.
I look forward to hearing how you progress!
Judith

J

JessicaTaylor

Thanks for the advice. We love learning all we can about property investment so love doing our own research and we will definitely view properties before buying etc. We, however, do need someone that has more time than us to narrow down potential areas and investments, can close the deal and help with other management. We hope to do it ourselves once we have our first deals under the belt but at the moment we just are not able to. We want someone that we can form a really good relationship with and that we can learn from and that will be somehow mutually enjoyable and beneficial. I will consider all your advice. Thanks again.