Long construction plans affecting quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tootsie

Not sure if this is relevant to only fadesa units or not, but they seem to be the ones in question so far. I've been on a few forums and have been reading up on the construction quality and durability of various developments, including some of the large scale projects in saidia. It's a little discomforting to find out that the quality of these builds does not seem to be what they claim.

What i mean to say is fair enough saidia is a long term project and it cannot be expected to finish in 2 years time. But developers like fadesa who have gone in and started construction very early seem to be on the losing end. By the time saidia is finished and the resort is fully operational, the fadesa units will have lost a lot of the lustre they currently have. They'll start looking dated and old and may even affect the rentability of these units.

I've also read somewhere that because of the proximity to the coastal region, and the use of low quality paints (non-waterproof),the buildings are already starting to look dated!! And it's only just begun! Am I being paranoid here? :dontknow:

I'm planning a trip out to Morocco very soon, and will experience it first hand - I am curious to see whether these are just rumours or is the quality really being affected. But if the latter is true, I suspect that these units will not hold their investment value for too long.

A little caution is advised!! :alberteinstein:

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
You are abslutely right. Just check Fadesa's finish in Spain.

I

imported_esmerelda

I've also read somewhere that because of the proximity to the coastal region, and the use of low quality paints (non-waterproof),the buildings are already starting to look dated!! And it's only just begun! Am I being paranoid here? :dontknow:

Hi, we have a place on the atlantic coast in Asilah - this area suffers from high levels of humidity in the winter months between Oct- Feb. I believe all the Atlantic coast from France down to S Morocco gets this. It can & does affect finishes on walls and furniture. You MUST use special paint that protects against humidity - both inside & out. Even with this you will still get flaking on external walls due to the sun and this will have to be repainted say every 2 years or so. If this is going to be along build then there should be soemthing in the agreement to brig the original units back up to snuff with fresh paint!

BTW - When choosing wardrobe & cupboard finishes you should ensure you have a design that allows the free circulation of air (eg either open, or trellis work) otherwise there will be a smell & anything left in it may get mould.
All furniture should be pulled well away from the walls if the house is going to be left over the winter - again to allow air to circulate. It is well worth paying someone to come in & open all the windows every day during the winter to give the place a thorough airing. A dehumidifier will work wonders also.

Ah the joys of coastal living!!!

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Esmeralda: Very useful and practical advise. Thank you.

I

imported_Mr Ri

Recent reports from AP5 and AP6 owners seem to suggest that Addoha have been listening and are resolving snagging and finish issues. Can we begin to look at this area of the Mediterrania Saidia in a different light? Are we seeing a holiday resort begin to emerge?

David

J

jimexton

I bought off-plan penthouse apt (AP6)from fadesa and last i heard, completion was set for November 2008. Does anyone know if this is still the case? Also, does anyone know of an agent who deals with resales?

Status
Not open for further replies.