garbage and sanitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaznem

i have an apartment in hurghada can any one tell me why that the local government allow so much fly tipping ,it seems common practice for locals just to throw their waste over their fences or dump it anywhere other than a proper refuse tip, is there a local refuse collection service in place ,when visiting el gouna you dont see any refuse or litter as soon as you near Hurghada there is rubbish dumped every where ,my wife and i have jokingly started calling it Hurgarbage due to the fly tipping, when if ever will this be sorted out ?

N

nubianqueen

i too would like to know what the policy is for clearing garbage in hurghada! its such a shame, because it is beautiful and where my apartments is is clean on the whole! i would like to know also how do apartment complexes take care of their rubbish, anybody any answers to these questions. i can only see it getting worse and worse as the developments are occupied.

nubianqueen

p.s. queenie what do they do in sharm and hi everyone!

T

thelfamily

we have stayed at our friends apartment in hurghada and the cleaners dump it next to their complex. what our friends are worried about, are the rats and dogs that are being drawn to this household waste! Also, what are their maintenace charges used for, besides the upkeep of the pools?

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Getting garbage removed

i too would like to know what the policy is for clearing garbage in hurghada! its such a shame, because it is beautiful and where my apartments is is clean on the whole! i would like to know also how do apartment complexes take care of their rubbish, anybody any answers to these questions. i can only see it getting worse and worse as the developments are occupied.

nubianqueen

p.s. queenie what do they do in sharm and hi everyone!

QUEENIE Reports : We created Management Rules for our Housing Association on Sierra Resort in Sharm.

We too as residents / owners and concerned about site access. The management now ask for us to email them in advance names and copy id such as passport to enable guests to be on site. The developers website now has a download for the rules.

Examples are :-

The following regulations are established to ensure your comfort and safety. Please do not violate:

1- Residents are responsible to preserve the communal belongings of the resort, and to use it only for the purpose it was made for.

2- Residents are not allowed to use audio devices in a manner / volume that would disturb other residents. General quietness in the resort is much appreciated.

3- Car owners / drivers are obliged not to sound the vehicle’s horn inside the resort, and to park cars in the spaces specified for this purpose.

11- Working times for outsider contractors, entrepreneurs, and laborers are 09:00 am – 05:00 pm, except for emergency cases.

12- Swimsuits are the only accepted form of clothes to use the swimming pools. It is prohibited to swim in any other clothes, and for the ladies it is prohibited to swim or take a sun-bath with the upper part of the body uncovered.

13- Children younger than 12 years of age are not allowed to swim in the swimming pools without being accompanied and supervised by their guardians since the pools are not guarded.

14- Dog owners are obliged to walk their dogs using leashes, not to walk them on the green spaces, and to put their wastes in a plastic bag to be thrown in the garbage bin. Infringement to the latter obligation will subject the violator to EGP 50 as penalty.

This gives you an idea anyway and maybe would be beneficial if you put a few suggestions forward when organising a committee to run an association.

It is refreshing that rules are in place.

queenie40something

queenie40something

If anyone wants full rules to give them an idea of what they should be trying to achieve please pm me x

Status
Not open for further replies.