France

P

Plod

Hey guys,

I'm looking to invest in a property in France and haven't got a clue where to start looking, though i would obviously love to find a place that's near the sea and has nice weather along with low crime. I want to move there with my wife and daughter, but i've hit my first stumbling block - no idea where to start looking.

I plan on taking a month holiday in France in a few months and looking at properties whilst i'm there - any suggestions on where i could or should start looking based on the above would be great.

Thanks,
Jeremy Plod.

L

Lysos

Jeremy,

You say you are looking to 'invest', then say you want to move; which is it ?. Why do you want to move ?. What attracts you to France ?. The answers to that should give you a starting point.

Will you be working ?.

Do you & your family speak French ?.

All important factors to consider before anything else.

Then draw up a list of what is essential to you:

e.g. climate, proximity to schools, large towns, railways, airports (for those trips back to see the family),medical facilities, cultural acivities & so on. Everyone's requirements are different.

All those things you can research initially on the internet and decide which areas suit before going over & researching on the ground.

Then it's affordability; do you buy or rent ?.

Search out discussion forums such as expatforum.com

For a major move such as this the more research you do the more chance of it working out, if in fact, after research you still think it's the right idea.

Last edited:
F

fallo

Hey I'm in a similar boat as Jeremy, but i'm not an investor, simply want to buy a property in southern france for a 2nd home, nice weather and keeps its value, less than half a million USD...