ad

600 Rental Properties

A

Adam Thomas

Is it possible to own 600 cash flowing rental properties in 4 years?

That’s my goal and obviously, this is assuming you have the necessary funds. I want to meet this goal and I’ve broken it down into how many houses I need to buy every week ( 3 houses a week ) and I’ve just been wondering how likely it is I’d able to get in a good amount of due diligence whilst still having a few hours of my day to generate some cash from my businesses ( I only need about 2-3 hours a day on the businesses ).

I’ve worked it all out and I’ll be working myself to the bone for 4 years to achieve it and I’m fine with that but as I’ve only been studying property investing for a little while now all my ideas are purely theoretical and I have no practical experience. I will listen to and take any advice on this subject but - not to sound arrogant - I plan on achieving this goal regardless. I’d just like some insight that I don't currently have as I'm coming from a purely theoretical standpoint.

All opinions and advice are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

F

FWL

It might be possible to buy 600 house but whether you buy the right houses is a whole different matter. Personally I dont think it is a sensible thing to do from zero. How will you find 600 tenants from day one? I would guess at least a month to find a tenant - thats 600 months rent lost.

A

Adam Thomas

It might be possible to buy 600 house but whether you buy the right houses is a whole different matter. Personally I dont think it is a sensible thing to do from zero. How will you find 600 tenants from day one? I would guess at least a month to find a tenant - thats 600 months rent lost.
My aim isn't to do it all at once. I'm assuming it will take 2-3 months to start getting cash flow from each property I buy, because of small refurbishments, finding a tenant, sorting out financing, etc. I just want to know the likelihood of getting a decent amount of due diligence put in, yet still being able to meet the required quota.

So, for example, I'd buy 1 property in January but I wouldn't start making money from it until march. It might take more time for some to get tenants in, and it might take less time for others, but I'm confident I will find tenants, so that isn't really the issue I wanted to discuss.

I'm more concerned with being able to meet the monthly quota of houses to purchase, yet still making sure I'm getting decent deals. I don't assume it will be by any means easy. I'll probably be investigating at least a hundred deals a month and actually buying 10 or so out of that hundred. I'm also interested in knowing the likelihood of finding 10-12 decent deals a month.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
One hundred deals a month is a lot!

If we work on a 12 hour day, 22 day working month, that leaves just 2.6 hours to investigate each property. Some you will strike off straight away while others will go further down the line. Big ambitions!

A

Adam Thomas

It's 3 deals a week. Which is 12 deals a month. I'm assuming I will be buying 1 in every 8-10+ houses so I'm only viewing 100+ a month. I have 15-17 hours a day to dedicate to property investing. I believe 30+ viewings a week on a house is possible. There may be something I'm missing though so your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

A

Adam Thomas

I also plan on putting together a team. Because by my calculations I'll be adopting a lifestyle of 12-13 hours of constant work and results every day. I understand that life isn't purely mathematical as well and I don't want to burn myself out.