ad

Check property prices in your area of the UK

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
There is a very useful service on the UK Land Registry website which allows you to check how much properties have been changing hands for in your area. This not only gives you up to date information but it also gives you an idea of how prices have changed over the years.

Check out the link below:-

Land Registry House Price Search

I

investmentproperty1

Market Trends employs the most important list of residence data to provide you with a awareness straight into market activity locally. Observe many attributes you'll find offered to purchase, normal prices paid along with how many include sold. When you want to investment property then many sites provide a price.

Z

zeviion

Actual Planning Lead is is available to selected businesses in the construction projects in UK, and associated trades sector.

josephc247

josephc247

I use this as well. There's a reasonable amount of information in the land registry website for property sellers and buyers. Might I also add the if someone looks to find a House Price Index reference, there's the Office for National Statistics.

Cheers!
Joseph

U

Union Jack

Land Registry

UK Land Registry database information is useful. Any one know where can we get the size (area in square foot) of a flat so that we can compare the price sold more meaningfully?

G

gih_hk

Quite useful for London property investment seekers. Will this also apply to overseas investors? Will they be allowed to make inquiries?

J

Jacks & Jones

This is a great site, really do promote the use of it, we use all the time!

L

londonpropertyanalyst

mouseprice, zoopla and nethouseprices

individual valuation is most accurate however

Cyprus Property Buyer

Cyprus Property Buyer

Yes a decent data source but there are also lots more available these days.
Property investment is not just about the numbers though. Get to know your area by walking the streets at all times of day and if you are going down the BTL route don't assume all tenants will be as respectable and trustworthy as you are.

George79

George79

Really great tool by Land Registry. I use it daily after we receive new leads where sellers often are not real with their estimated values. Always check for houses in the neighborhood (last sale comparable) and the last sale price if available.

Arghh... I already commented this above o_O

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
This tool definitely gives you an accurate prediction of the cost to buy / sell in your area. I think many people still look on Rightmove at what's for sale to determine the level of price they could achieve... an easy trap to fall into, because ultimately the 'sold' prices are far more accurate and can differ hugely from the sale prices.

J

Judith Beilby

Premium Member
The market is moving very quickly in many areas in the South East at the moment but the real value of a property lies not only in its relative cost but in its rental or refurbished value. You may not be able to buy for below market prices but if your overall profit margins are strong then that is the end game.

LauraHall

LauraHall

Land Registry

UK Land Registry database information is useful. Any one know where can we get the size (area in square foot) of a flat so that we can compare the price sold more meaningfully?
If you search in Zoopla in the 'sold' section by postcode. Zoopla often has the previous listings adverts and details. I look these up and the sizes are on the floorplans :)
Good luck

O

O Andrew

Wonderful resource. Its very easy to find out how much people are paying to sell house fast in Manchester.