france s good

P

pallavi

france is an exotic place to buy properties and all the roperties are genuine there even i am planning to buy one there pls helkp with the procedure

P

Potterg

Living in France is pretty damn good. Finding the right house or flat is more complicated than in the U.S. There is no such thing as Multiple Listings in France. Only 30 percent of real estate transactions occur with the help of realtors; the rest are directly between buyer and seller. As a foreigner, you might be more comfortable working through an agent, or agent immobilier, who knows the laws of France. Let’s say you’ve decided to buy an appartement in Paris. Walk the streets to find an area you like, then hunt down some agencies that look promising. You can also check out the listings and realtors in various magazines, newspapers, and on the Internet.

Tobias

Tobias

It all depends on where you live in France to be honest. The north of France has the same weather as the UK...

R

Ramond

Is it true that in many parts of France if you do not speak French then it can become difficult to buy property as you maybe required to visit the town hall in person to complete the paper work?
Ramond

N

Nostradamus

I lived in Paris and loved it. Property was quite dear though but still much cheaper than London. rents were affordable though.

D

davidhd

Keep these points in mind:--
1) French Property Pricing- Always keep the note of the things which are included in price and which are not. Do not assume.
2) Conduct a Survey of the property.
3) French law requires the vendor to organize and pay for up to date report on property.
4)Making an offer: when you are happy with the property then make the offer. The offer would be same as you would make in UK.
5)Obtain Sales/Purchase documents.
6)Cooling off Period: Now after the purchase you have got 7 days period. during this period you can back off from any purchase without any penalty.

C

Carrébleu-Immobilier

If you are a foreigner wanting to purchase in France then please make sure you purchase through a reputable real estate agent.

We have had plenty of cases where people have purchased property directly with vendors only to find out that they have over paid for the property and or that they were not informed properly about the property.

However if you want to buy direct with a vendor then please make sure that you use a lawyer to look after your interests. It will be a small price to pay for your piece of mind.

M

mortagage

Absolutely true, this goes for every country not just France though.

Penny Cooper

Penny Cooper

Penny Cooper

I am planning to buy a complex in France for my business activity as, France is an excellent place and its very beautiful and colorful. its really amazing:)

Last edited:
B

bfremont

From my experience, it's much easier to go through an international mortgage broker when dealing with non-resident mortgages. They know the process well and make it go by a lot smoother.