Dominica Real Estate

H

hsalhani

Looking to buy some land somewhere in the Caribbean. Was looking online and it appears that Dominica has some very affordable land available for sale. Why is it that it is so much cheaper than other Caribbean islands? Anyone have any insight on Dominica that they could share?

H

hsalhani

Hi there, I live in Dominica and I can tell you it's because there aren't many white sand beaches here and the island has yet to 'take off' as St Lucia has done recently and the properties are so much higher in price there.

We currently have some great pieces of land for sale on our site
at caribbeanlandandproperty dawt com

You can sign up on our site to get regular property updates too.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.
Hey,

Are you an agent? I've been looking through that website for various properties, but a lot of the good ones seem to be withdrawn for some reason. Do you have a personal email I can contact you with. My email is [email protected].

D

Dillinger

Hi hsalhani,

Dominica is a bargain investment at the moment I feel. It is so under priced at the moment.

This is due to how difficult it was in the past to get there. One had to stay overnight in Antigua or Puerto Rico at times.

But a new airport extension is allowing more flight connections that allow visitors to arrive in one day. Also new restaurants and hotels (or Eco lodges etc) are opening. That and the roads are being upgraded around the island for the half a million *** cruise ship visitors a year.

That's my opinion anyway.

M

maxciriloy

Dominica seems to be just on the verge of finding itself. Those fortunate enough to be able to invest in a bit of Dominica real estate today will be investing in some of the last natural beauty left in the heart of the sun-loving tropics.

D

Dave_Velasco

Reasons are probably competition among areas and locations in the Caribbean. As many areas are struggling their housing market by lowering prices, they gain buyers interest. But with others having lower house prices people will definitely shift and will buy on other lands. That competition.