Be Landlord Smart!
There are always new ways to save on your capital expenditure as a landlord. Have you ever thought about leasing furniture in your properties to save shelling out capital upfront? Did you realise that by leasing furniture you can claim 100% tax relief on monthly payments as a ‘before tax expense’?
If you are unfamiliar with lease financing, this page is the perfect place to learn more. Specialist lease finance experts Tracey & Nigel Woods from Landlord Smart have over 17 years of experience in the world of property and are here to share money saving expertise and furnishing tips with forum members who would usually buy furniture and other assets upfront for their rental properties. Take advantage of the free resources and videos on this page and visit Tracey’s forum to ask her team a question now… all for free.
At Landlord Smart we provide specialist lease finance, helping landlords just like you to fund furniture and other assets in their projects. There are numerous benefits to using our services:
• No upfront capital needed so you can invest your cash in other projects.
• Costs are typically spread over a three-year term.
• Claim 100% tax relief on our fees and monthly payments as a ‘before tax expense’.
• Achieve the standard you want without worrying about the cost.
• At the end of the three-year period, choose to continue use or renew your lease.
Call us for a free no obligations chat on 0207 754 5718 or visit our website to find out more.
TOP FURNISHING TIPS
Watch this video to hear Tracey’s top 3 tips… here are some more things you should think about:
• Keep to furniture ranges that match
• Add little extras like shelves and mirrors
• Dress to Impress with coloured accessories
At Landlord Smart we help some fantastic businesses and love nothing better than to receive photos of finished projects from our customers. It’s great to see what they have been able to achieve with our help and know that they have got the look and standard they want without having to worry about the cost. If you want some inspiration for your next project, take a look at our gallery below.
Pure Luxury Living is a startup business providing high standard serviced accommodation in Kent and London. Capital for furnishing these apartments to the standard they wanted was always going to be an issue with the growth for the business that was planned. That’s where Landlord Smart has really helped them grow dramatically in the last few months with 7+ projects being financed.
WHAT PURE LUXURY LIVING THINK ABOUT LANDLORD SMART:
“Being introduced to Landlord Smart was a real lifeline as I was struggling to raise upfront capital. They have made it very easy to get finance and we’ve now used them several times. Our cashflow business has reaped the rewards from the smaller incremental payments, not to mention the tax benefits!”
Andi and Lloyd from White Box Property Solutions Ltd specialise in build to let projects and large scale conversions. This particular project was a 17 bed luxury HMO conversion in a pub. The lease finance paid for the furniture, white goods and also funded the three shared kitchens in this project.
WHAT WHITE BOX PROPERTY SOLUTIONS THINK ABOUT LANDLORD SMART:
“Landlord Smart have helped keep £13,000 in our business AND we were reimbursed £16,000 for purchases that had already been made. Using Landlord Smart is definitely the best way to finance furnishing our projects because it’s tax efficient and we can now use that cash to grow our business.”
ISN’T LEASE FINANCE EXPENSIVE?
Check out our short video which runs through an example set of calculations so you can understand how much lease finance may cost.
To work out more accurate figures based on your planned spend, you can use our calculator tool.
TIPS FOR USING COLOUR IN YOUR RENTALS
Watch Tracey’s video on advice for which colours work best in rental properties. With so many options to choose from, how important is colour when it comes to creating an appealing rental property?
HOW DO I GO ABOUT WORKING WITH LANDLORD SMART?
We try and help as many landlords as we can, but here are a few basic criteria you must meet to be able to use our services:
• You must be operating as a Ltd Company or LLP
• You can be an established business (3+ years) or a new businesses; interest rates will be lower for more established businesses
• You must own at least one property or have a property-owning guarantor
• A minimum spend of £2,000 (exc. VAT) is recommended to fully benefit from our service—there is no upper limit on spend
• If you are operating as a rent to rent business, you will need to prove you have at least a three term lease on the property