Written contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackd1000

Quick question - do contracts for the sale of real property have to be written in Egyptian law ? Is an oral agreement unenforceable ?

Regards jackd

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I am led to believe that if there are any problems and for whatever reason a case goes to court the courts go by the Arabic version of a contract and not English. So if there is only an oral version this I assume would be hard to fight any problems.

D

dave99

English Web-sites / adverts etc

If the courts only consider written things in Arabic how do they treat things that are on a web-site that are in English or Russian or German, or any written advertising signs with no Arabic translations.

Hi I am led to believe that if there are any problems and for whatever reason a case goes to court the courts go by the Arabic version of a contract and not English. So if there is only an oral version this I assume would be hard to fight any problems.

L

Leo en Manon

If the courts only consider written things in Arabic how do they treat things that are on a web-site that are in English or Russian or German, or any written advertising signs with no Arabic translations.
Translate what is written in english to arabic of course!!

Status
Not open for further replies.