Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Would You Do It All Again?

Discussion in 'Egypt property' started by awahee123, Nov 3, 2007.

1. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Hi,

Knowing what you know now about your development or property in any part of Egypt if you could start again would you do it all again?

Also tell us what you would change if anything.
    Are you happy with your purchase?.
    Is your property complete?
    Tell us which part of Egypt you invested in and if you still think this is the best part of the country for you, or would you prefer somewhere different within Egypt
    Have you purchased a property without ever visiting Egypt.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  2. dave2u

dave2u New Member

to many questions for one thread but i think the answer is lets wait and see in the next few years

3. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Hi Dave,

There are a few questions however even if one is answered per person it should make for good reading.

4. CMChris

CMChris New Member

I'm very happy with our purchase of a 3 bed appt in Sunset Pearl at Sahl Hasheesh. Although we did buy off plan and scrutinised all the information before hand I still think we have got a very good investment. I have no inetnetions of renting, few friends will be using it but its for me and my family to enjoy. I'm kept updated and informed as to the progress, I have been to Egypt a couple of times before buying and love the country and the people, I'm even going to start evening classes to learn Arabic so I can 'practice' on anyone who will let me! No point in me buying a property away from the Red Sea becaue that's where I want to dive and carry on with a new hobby of underwater photography. Just have to wait now until it's all finished.

5. Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry <B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>

I think it depends why you are buying; undoubtedly the biggest capital gains are to be made in the tourist areas; as amenities and infrastructure improve, when mortgages become available at a reasonable price and as more and cheaper flights become available all of these will have a positive influence on prices.

As for other areas I believe that Alexandria will always have an appeal; although the weather may not be so good it is at least on a par with many other Mediterranean resorts and it has a huge amount of history.

After that, Luxor is one to watch; it is already the centre for millions of tourists who arrive there for the Nile cruises. New developments along the East bank will have the best appeal, looking west towards the setting sun across the Nile. This must be one of the classic views of all time! On a negative note, Egypt still has an enormous amount of poverty and many people find this upsetting. In the Resort areas like Sharm and Hurghada you don't see so much of this but in places like Luxor, as soon as you move away from the tourist areas it is very evident. Its not so bad once you know what to expect; if you take crayons and colouring books or even cheap plastic toys to give away to the kids it is unforgettable to see their happy faces!

6. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

I must admit I love Hurghada however I have heard Alexandria has some up and coming resorts as well as Marsa Alam,El Gouna is also beautiful a bit quite for me but well worth a visit,excellent beaches and ok for golf.

7. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

I am trying to get some thoughts on this thread.
    Would you do it all again?.
    I know some developments aren't ready yet but knowing what you know so far.
    I haven't yet had any setbacks regarding my development however it doesn't mean I won't have any but I am happy with my investment.
    My only regrets are not investing into Egypt a year before when I was offered a 2 bed apartment for only £8000 (2005).

8. Peter Mitry

It depends on your motivation; if you love Egypt then buying any property is a great investment. As to whether you are happy with it in the future depends on what you bought and what new and (possibly) more appealing projects have been built since. At the end of the day, no matter what you bought prices are only going one way and I guess that no one has bought to sit in their apartment and look at it! We all want to be outside in the sun - don't we?

9. queenie40something

queenie40something Senior Member

Hi we have bought in Nabq in Sharm off plan and it is not completed yet. So far it has been a straight forward process. Even getting the visas and power of attorney was just an hour drive away and was pretty painless. I am so far happy with the development although some werent because the developr changed the plans but this has not affected our apartment. Would I do it again?? Well I will probably answer that when everything is completed but at this moment in time if I have the money most definately.

10. J4hurghada

J4hurghada Banned

Well yes we are very happy with our purchase in the oasis 1 in Hurghada which is complete and we have enjoyed it twice this year.
    Things that i am going to change is buy a larger TV set, Stainless steel kettle and a toaster. so thats not bad is it.
    Things I would like to change is our work here and live in Hurghada but the wages to low and schooling to expensive.
    Yes we did buy without even seeing the place (silly us). but it payed off. We had been to Egypt quite a few times before (luxor, cairo, sharm twice, marsa alam) but never Hurghada until we bought off plan then we went to makiti bay.
    As to would we do it again the answer is YES A BIG YES.

11. J4hurghada

J4hurghada Banned

also what more can you ask for 5 and 1/2 hours flight to sun, sea and our dream home who could ask for more.

12. distant dreamer

distant dreamer New Member

Undoubtedly yes we'd do it again, and have already!

We bought a resale property in El Gouna a couple of years ago. (So there was a resale market even then). Its small and basic, but with lovely views over the lagoon and a fabulous balcony. Only regrets are that if we'd bought when we'd originally discussed it in 2002, for the same money we paid for our small 1 bedroom apartment, we would have been the proud owners of a lovely detached lagoon front villa!!!!

Would we do it again - yes and already have done. When we heard about Sahl Hasheesh, we purchased site unseen and so far really pleased with this purchase and love the whole project. Even considering investing again in Sahl Hasheesh!

Trouble is, once the Sahl Hasheesh one is complete, we'll be wondering which one to spend our holidays in!!! :)

13. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

I really would do it all again I love the place and my apartment isn't even ready yet.
    It would just be nice if the authorities would make it easier for foreigners to open a small business.

14. J4hurghada

J4hurghada Banned

Alot say I wish I did it earlier when the prices were lower but we all managed these prices and what will people be saying in a few years time about us. WE ARE THE LUCKY ONES to get at prices we did and could afford.

15. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

You are right we will look back and feel like the special ones (jose LOL) I just hope it doesn't get overpriced too quick as some developers are putting prices up 2 and 3 times a year.
    Any body buying now will definately be making the best move of their lives,apart from one person I haven't come across any negative feedback regarding Hurghada property.

16. Peter Mitry

I met a couple today from Birmingham; a nice ordinary couple who bought a villa on the beach in the centre of Marbella 25 years ago. Anyone wanting to buy their house now would be looking to pay between 4 & 5 million euros. Basically, whether you pay 30k, 50k or 100k now in Hurghada it will be worth 10 or 20 times that in 25 years. When you buy makes no difference as long as its close to the beginning of a rising market. There will always be people who say 'we should have bought last year, we've missed the boat'. This is utter rubbish unless you happen to have bought at the peak of a market.

17. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

There is a long way to go in Egypt or even Hurghada where development is concerned.Whilst I am very happy at my investment increasing by a rapid rate,I would seriously give that up to keep Egypt on a reasonable par.
    I hope we don't start seeing massive increases in everything.
    I am not only talking about property prices but everything that we need to have a good life in Egypt.It would spoil a good thing,what do you think?.

18. dave99

dave99 New Member

Increasing value is still happening

Increasing prices still happening - as costs increase so will prices, if demand is high the prices will be adjusted to reflect a commercial narket place.

There is still lots of space around Hurghada so there is not going to be a lack of supply for many years so that should help to keep prices from going silly.

19. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

There is a lot of space, and i'm sure we will see a lot of excellent resorts and developments across the Red Sea.
    We'll all say ours is the best at least we can all be part of it that's the main thing.

20. dave99

dave99 New Member

In 5 years time (or so) Hurghada will be massive

In 5 years time (or so) Hurghada will be massive - all land between Sahl and El Gouna will be built on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.