Would you buy to let without viewing?

Discussion in 'General Property Investment Discussion' started by Jay Maycock, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Jay Maycock

Jay Maycock New Member

I have been thinking of investing my money in Manchester but don't fancy the travel.
    My question to you all would be would have you ever purchased a buy to let (or anything) without physically seeing it? if Yes what did it take to make you feel easy doing it? If No, Why?

Thanks!

2. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Active Member

Unless you have someone you trust impeccably who could view properties on you behalf I think it is crazy. By the way, I think Manchester is a good choice for your investment funds as it has a lot going for it. Excellent transport network, large student population, influential financial centre and major redevelopment in many parts of the city and surrounding areas.

3. Ali.M2000

Ali.M2000 New Member

I would suggest going to look around the property, some companies edit their images in subtle ways so its always best to look around first :)

4. realdeals

realdeals Member

Also, you aren't going to get a feel for the area from a few photographs - what is it like at night time, what is the immediate area like? I really think you need to visit any property before you even consider a purchase.

5. lookinginvest

lookinginvest Member

An investment in property is about more than just the house, it is also about the region and you will only learn about this by visiting it yourself.

6. diyhelp

diyhelp Active Member

I am with all of the views posted above - facts, figures and a few photographs (or even videos) do not give you the whole picture. I do not know of any serious investor who does not visit their potential investments before signing on the dotted line.

7. Ben Gerritsen

Ben Gerritsen New Member

I advise you to visit property once before taking a final decision.

8. diyhelp

diyhelp Active Member

Hi @Ben Gerritsen

Quick question - have you known any serious property investor to acquire a property without actually visiting it first?

9. Ben Gerritsen

Ben Gerritsen New Member

Right Now, there is no property investor in my contact.

10. michael1978

michael1978 New Member

I wouldn't, to me every detail is important. The interiors, furniture, decor, are very important to actually see.

11. realdeals

realdeals Member

I totally agree @michael1978

We are often talking about large sums of money and to proceed without actually seeing the property is just not something I would never contemplate.