ad

Would you buy to let without viewing?

J

Jay Maycock

I have been thinking of investing my money in Manchester but don't fancy the travel.
My question to you all would be would have you ever purchased a buy to let (or anything) without physically seeing it? if Yes what did it take to make you feel easy doing it? If No, Why?

Thanks!

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Unless you have someone you trust impeccably who could view properties on you behalf I think it is crazy. By the way, I think Manchester is a good choice for your investment funds as it has a lot going for it. Excellent transport network, large student population, influential financial centre and major redevelopment in many parts of the city and surrounding areas.

A

Ali.M2000

I would suggest going to look around the property, some companies edit their images in subtle ways so its always best to look around first :)

R

realdeals

Also, you aren't going to get a feel for the area from a few photographs - what is it like at night time, what is the immediate area like? I really think you need to visit any property before you even consider a purchase.

L

lookinginvest

An investment in property is about more than just the house, it is also about the region and you will only learn about this by visiting it yourself.

D

diyhelp

I am with all of the views posted above - facts, figures and a few photographs (or even videos) do not give you the whole picture. I do not know of any serious investor who does not visit their potential investments before signing on the dotted line.

B

Ben Gerritsen

I advise you to visit property once before taking a final decision.

D

diyhelp

Hi @Ben Gerritsen

Quick question - have you known any serious property investor to acquire a property without actually visiting it first?

M

michael1978

I wouldn't, to me every detail is important. The interiors, furniture, decor, are very important to actually see.

R

realdeals

I totally agree @michael1978

We are often talking about large sums of money and to proceed without actually seeing the property is just not something I would never contemplate.