ad

Would you buy a property after only viewing on the Internet?

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
The Internet has opened up a whole different world for real estate investors and many properties now appear on the Internet with an array of photographs and very often in-house videos. However, would you buy a property after only viewing on the Internet or do you still believe it is vital to visit the property?

Personally, I think it is very dangerous to buy a property without actually visiting not only the property itself but the area. What do you think?

EllieSw

EllieSw

I really don't think i'd be comfortable only viewing it over the internet - would have to visit at least once.

N

Nick_Stephens

The InterNET is a powerful too for buying a property. You just have to know how to use it. SKYPE is a very powerful tool in our arsenal. I have used it to show my out of region clients the houses in REAL TIME via my phone to show what they're buying. That's just one option.

R

RuthStriplin58

No, I think would have to visit at least once.

G

georgestanley032

I don't I will. To me property buying requires the need to check out the site and really see it for yourself. That way, you can correctly assess whether this property is a good buy or not.

B

bruynjustin

Presentation Fools you

Yes it is absolutely not advisable to just see the images on web of the property and pay them for the property. These days it is very easy to create 3D images and the (moderated)and they fell into the trap.

So be careful in examining the property before buying. Go great with real estate investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

ursuccess

Definitely not. I will have to see myself to fully assess the property.

M

Mary Mathew

I would also like to say that visiting property before any final deal should be best.

A

AshleyJohnson

Banned
Property buying requires the need to check out the site . The visiting property before any final deal should be best.

J

JenniferKelly

No one would prefer to buy property only by seeing it on the Internet. One need to personally visit and analyze the property and then should take a wise decision whether they should buy it or not.

J-Nevil

J-Nevil

No I would definitely have to visit as well to check everything is in order before I decide on whether or not to buy.

D

davidcarlos474

Banned
Yes internet help with you to buy property because mostly real estate company updated internet and show all services then easy to buy home vie internet and get good agent.

Marrielle

Marrielle

Nope, maybe I visit the property first and when I see that I like it, maybe I would buy it. :)

B

Barny

If I was looking to purchase as a residential then a viewing is a must, along with a second and third viewing at different times of day if possible as if viewing in the evening / dark, you may miss vital cracks, etc that aren't easy to hid in the normal light.

With regards to a buy to let property, I would generally always prefer to view the property and not go just by the online photos / videos, but a good way to gauge the property would be to ask the selling agent if they do lettings and if so what would need to be done for themselves to market it. If they mumble or give an indirect answer to try to deter you from them, which realistically any company should never pass away new customers, that would clearly indicate that there may be an
issue with the property.

Also, prior to making an offer, you are well within your rights to have another letting agent view the property on your behalf and as above, have them give their verdict on it and again, they would then feed back information that you would need to know, ie, there's no central heating or all doors have been removed, etc.

I'd only consider "blind buying" if the property in question was at a rock bottom, bargain price and I'd had positive feedback from another agent and not just that of the selling agent.

M

marcelino79

The internet it's only for introducing, and provide infos (price, ctc person, etc) and for the next we have to see the property by our selves.

M

michaelallion

Well, the Internet is the great medium for exploring in depth what you exactly want. But, while it comes selling, buying a property or looking for a property for sale its quite risky. There are so many circumstances where you may get some misguidance or unwanted situations just seeing a property in Internet. So it's better to go on-site and check by yourself each and everything in deeply.