ad

Would you be concerned if Brexit was cancelled?

F

FWL

Word from the European Union suggests that the UK in isolation would be able to repeal article 50 and cancel Brexit. Would you be overly concerned if Brexit was cancelled?

A

Adrian Elford

Well, that needs two answers; one as an investor/homebuyer and one as a UK citizen with kids and political slant.

Personally, no. o_O

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Whether Brexit goes ahead or not there will be opportunities for those property investors willing to go against the trend. Keep an eye on the long term, whatever happens after 29 March 2019 the UK will survive and it wont be all doom and gloom.

D

Dan Veo

I'd rather stay in the EU because I want to be able to travel freely to European countries and be [part of] a kind of "superstate", as we use the same laws and you can travel freely. I'd rather be in the EU than be separated; we don't know how the outcome will be. If we come out from the EU we'll probably be restricted to Europe, the pound will go down. There are so many uncertainties. Those politicians lied to people, and those who lied to us are now hiding in the background. We'd love if they could come out, but it's all lies. We don’t really know what's going to happen in the future.

R

realdeals

This is a tricky one in my book because nobody in the UK voted for an EU superstate to control what we do - we are moving more and mroe towards total control each year. Not sure how remainers can justify going against the will of the people either? Is that really democracy - asking the same question time and time again until you "get the right answer".

M

michael1978

Travel easily within EU might not be the case after brexit so business could be affected.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Even though the UK and EU look as though they will be parting ways there will always be a strong connection because of the trade situation. Free movement is a totally different matter and will cease in its current form after 29 March 2019. The UK has adapted to far greater challenges in years gone by and I have no doubt that once the dust settles the country, economy and people will learn to adapt to the new, and potentially exciting environment, again.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

I think the UK COULD do better outside of the EU but we shall see. The EU is a powerful body which will make life tough for the UK whether or not Brexit goes through.