Would like to know more about obtaining a residency ID Card

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

I just bought an apartment in Hurghada ( Regency Towers ),and would like to know more about getting a residency card. I know that with this you can enjoy a good discount on most goods and services.

The research I have done states a foreigner must spend at least 50K USD on a property before they are eligible. I would like to know if this is true, and how long does it take to get it.
Thank you!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Redseavision

Did you find out any more info on this? Did you get one?

I have heard that you can get much cheaper prices for flights with Egyptair etc.

Any tips on how to apply for one will be appreciated.

Regards

Alison

G

gordies

residency benefits?

as I am buying a property in Egypt I believe I qualify for residency?? If this is correct what is the benefit, apart from paying Visa entry costs?

thanks, Gordie

A

anokayperson

Banned
as I am buying a property in Egypt I believe I qualify for residency?? If this is correct what is the benefit, apart from paying Visa entry costs?

thanks, Gordie
Hi like Gordie's posting above - I am trying to understand this in layman's language.

If we have a property in Egypt, that will hopefully entitle us for residency?
But - what is the difference ( in monetary terms as well) between having a multiple visa entry and residency.
We would not be working in Egypt, but would probably be making frequent trips every 3 months for 2 weeks or more.
Thanks.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi if you have a residents visa I believe you do not need an entry visa if you leave Egypt and return within the validity of your residence permit or within six months, whichever period is less.

If you are an investor you, your spouse and children can apply for 5 yr renewable residents visas - cost is about 200le.

You can find more info here http://www.moiegypt.gov.eg/English/Departments+Sites/Immegration/ForignersServices/EkametAlAganeb/residence5/

You should get cheaper hotel rates and flights with Egyptair but I dont think there is much difference in the flight prices any more. You can also get cheaper fares for the ferry as well.