World Largest Waterfront Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uaeshines

Dubai Waterfront, the world's largest waterfront development is located in Palm Jebel Ali.

81 million square meter beachfront development destined to be an international landmark

2005.1.29, Dubai, UAE - Under the direction of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence, Nakheel debuted its investor launch of the unparalleled Dubai Waterfront, an 81 million square meter beachfront mixed use destination which encompasses over 250 best of breed master planned communities and offerings.

Destined to become an international landmark, Dubai Waterfront is the world's largest waterfront offering, and is located 35 km south west of Dubai, bordering Abu Dhabi, on the last remaining coastal waterfront of the Emirate. Considered the New Gateway of Dubai, Dubai Waterfront has been carefully crafted and developed by an international consortium of the world's best architects, planners and urban developers assembled by Nakheel, whose goal was to create a destination never before seen in Dubai, or the world.

Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Mattoon, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defense said, "Dubai Waterfront centers on water, something we consider perpetually valuable and precious. It is an unprecedented advancement and a world-class addition to Dubai, one which will create long term growth and investment for the UAE and the wider region. We're inviting developers to benefit by being partners with Nakheel."

Dubai Waterfront forms the first phase of a larger effort, the Arabian Canal, a 75 km development envisioned by H.H. Sheikh Mohammed. The first phase of Dubai Waterfront will focus on Madinat Al Arab, a thriving urban downtown metropolis, including Al Burj, one of the world���s tallest buildings.

Nakheel has created Dubai Waterfront Company, and will be the majority owner, offering 49% to select investors. Executive Chairman of Nakheel, Sultan Bin Sulayem said, "With Dubai Waterfront, Nakheel has raised the bar to a never before seen level. We are proud to help realize Sheikh Mohammed's vision for the Arabian Canal, with this first phase, Dubai Waterfront. It is destined to become a landmark for Dubai, one which will attract tourists, residents, and businesses, and create a destination like nowhere else."

Nakheel is recognized as one of the region's premier developers, focused on Waterfront, Themed Communities, Golf and Retail. Famed for innovative and iconic properties, Nakheel is known for its signature offerings, The Palm and The World.

I

imported_Alexia

Dubai Waterfront is just the first phase of Arabian Canal, meaning that future mega-projects are going to be centered around this 75km canal and it's all prolly been planned out already, but still to be announced.

M

marineuae

I noticed that from the renderings early on, there's so much to be said about this I don’t know where to start? One recommendation when watching the video, pause it at exactly 5min:29s-30s. It’s like an extraterrestrial colony!

I

imported_mammajama76

I noticed that from the renderings early on, there's so much to be said about this I don’t know where to start? One recommendation when watching the video, pause it at exactly 5min:29s-30s. It’s like an extraterrestrial colony!
you are right, that's really impressive. looking forward to its finishing!

C

Cimmon

Have any developments on the Arabian Canal been launched?

Status
Not open for further replies.