World cup natal

P

penelopy

Is it true that Natal is one of the cities that will no longer be holding the World Cup ?

jeduardo

jeduardo

No one showed up for the first round of bidding held on 24-Nov-2010.
They are in the middle of the second round of bidding and the opening of the envelopes with the proposals of companies for construction of the stadium, which was scheduled for February 15 has been delayed by 15 days (02-Mar-2011).

J

JMBroad

From what I've heard here in Natal - every stadium is delayed so it's not just Natal who is behind schedule

P

penelopy

No one showed up for the first round of bidding held on 24-Nov-2010.
They are in the middle of the second round of bidding and the opening of the envelopes with the proposals of companies for construction of the stadium, which was scheduled for February 15 has been delayed by 15 days (02-Mar-2011).
Does that mean that they actually haven`t received much interest from private companies to undertake the project and that`s why they`re most likely to be eliminated if all is not finalized by March ?

jeduardo

jeduardo

Does that mean that they actually haven`t received much interest from private companies to undertake the project and that`s why they`re most likely to be eliminated if all is not finalized by March ?
The 15 day extension for second round of bidding was at the request of five of the seven construction firms interested so that is a plus. If no company is selected on 02-Mar-2011 there is a good chance that Natal will be eliminated.

See this link (in English):
Natal once again postpones tender for 2014 World Cup stadium.
Portal 2014 | News - Natal once again postpones tender for 2014 World Cup stadium

P

penelopy

The 15 day extension for second round of bidding was at the request of five of the seven construction firms interested so that is a plus. If no company is selected on 02-Mar-2011 there is a good chance that Natal will be eliminated.

See this link (in English):
Natal once again postpones tender for 2014 World Cup stadium.
Portal 2014 | News - Natal once again postpones tender for 2014 World Cup stadium
I`d heard through the grapevine that it all ready had ,but had not yet been officially announced.
It`s believed the people of Natal think it`s a waste of money and would rather see the projects spent on education,schools,hospital etc ,etc...

J

JMBroad

I`d heard through the grapevine that it all ready had ,but had not yet been officially announced.
It`s believed the people of Natal think it`s a waste of money and would rather see the projects spent on education,schools,hospital etc ,etc...
The people of Natal think football is a waste of money? You are talking about a place where all shops and businesses shut down for the whole day if Brazil is playing in the world cup.

P

penelopy

The people of Natal think football is a waste of money? You are talking about a place where all shops and businesses shut down for the whole day if Brazil is playing in the world cup.
Closing down shops and businesses for the game is one thing,but the question is will they hold the World Cup!!!

jeduardo

jeduardo

It is expected that construction of the Dunas Stadium will be started in 1st semester.

F

Felipe

So, how can i keep up to date with the construction of the stadium in Natal and if they are still going to be a hosting city for the world cup?

K

Kevin777

I heard that the tender has been put out for the construction company last week.

P

penelopy

Is it true that FIFA have finally announced today that Natal and Sao Paulo have been excluded from the World Cup???

C

Coqueiro

They have lost the right to host the Confederations Cup tournament in 2013 as the stadiums will not be ready. Still plenty of time for them screw up for the World Cup though.

P

penelopy

The picture I`ve been receiving is that the World Cup is not actually going ahead
so I guess this is the introduction.Who really knows??
They have lost the right to host the Confederations Cup tournament in 2013 as the stadiums will not be ready. Still plenty of time for them screw up for the World Cup though.

debzor

debzor

That is pretty normal as they usually only use half the world cup stadiums for the confederations cup anyway.
I think they are only going to use 4 stadia for the Conferations Cup in 2013, and the only one in the NE is going to be Salvador. Due to "politics" even Sao Paulo has missed out... (read into that what you will, given the current FIFA farce)