Working in the real estate industry

K

kabirmulchandani

I have worked in many fields throughout my life, but working in the real estate industry has been the most exciting and satisfying. I like it because it is a dynamic environment. It’s challenging, and there are no limits to your success. Real estate as a profession offers one of the broadest career selections in the business world today. Helping people buy and sell homes, office buildings, industrial property, property management, real estate counseling, are a few examples of the diverse aspects of a career in real estate. However, residential sales seem to be the most common career path in this sector.

Your creative skills as a salesman can be applied in real estate – there is no set rule or way to sell. As long as you are good with people, you are likely to succeed!

Successful sales people are good at hearing a no, but are also good in asking follow-up questions to see how they can steer the conversation in another way. When rejections are accepted gracefully, then the odds are you still have a chance with the customer. Most customers keen to buy usually have 50 per cent more objections than people who don't so you can’t be afraid of a rejection. You have to overcome it quickly, learn what you can and move on.

As a real estate agent you must believe in your job, be passionate about it and set personal goals. This is closely tied in with self-motivation, which is pretty much a per-requisite for any sales job.

Kabir Mulchandani,

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator: