WORKING in egypt - employers and employees look here

J

Jayne1965

I know this is a property site, but when you have bought a property does anyone know how you go about getting a job in Hurghada with good pay and living in your property full time,

What about the tax ect.
Visa's for working.
Schooling for children.

G

GM43

Banned
Here is some information about schooling. The El Gouna International School is (what I know) the only school following the British (international) curriculum (IGCSE).

*El Gouna International School: application fee: $1000 per child, not refundable. Reception: $3675, Y1-6: $4200, Y7-9: $4725, Y10-11: $5250, Y12: $6300. Second child: 10% discount, Third: 25% discount. Busfees: LE 2200 per child. Bookfees: rec-Y4: $150, Y5-6: $180, Y7-9: $250, Y10-11: $260. That is the latest information I have.
I have no information about fees from other schools in Hurghada, but I think they must be cheaper.
Here are some of the other schools:
*New school: Sunrise (don't know if this is a language school or American system)
*Rajac, language school, they will start American, but I don't know when.
*German school (not all classes yet, they "grow" with the children)
*French school (not all classes yet, they "grow" with the children)
*El Geel el Saed school: language school, but mostly Egyptian children.
*St Joseph school: my children went there, but teachers were not really qualified then.

And of course a lot of government schools, but I think nobody would recommend them!

Till the age of 17 there is education in Hurghada, above is very limited, like only a hotel school and I think a school where you can learn to become a teacher, something like that. For universities you have to go to Cairo or maybe Qena (Nile area).

Maybe you find more info on working/living in Egypt on the forums of egyptsearch

If you want to know the exact website please send me a PM

H

hiszein

Working in Egypt as a foreigner is not easy unless you will work unlegal
you have to check with hotels as the law gives them a 10% foreign empolyees depending on the needs of the position

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi,
From What I know about working in Egypt isnt the pay poor? or are there some jobs where you can make a comfortable living.?

H

hiszein

normally the salaries are low comparing to Europe but as a forigner you will get a good salary depending on your job & position

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
If you want to earn good money you need to be working as a tour guide or in property sales. Mostly your income will be commission based or in tips. It would be difficult to get a well paid salaried position I would think. Not sure about some of the more senior hotel staff? Anyone have any experience of that?

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Getting Jobs In Hurghada.

My husband and I are giving it alot of thought about packing up and moving to Hurghada. We know it will be a big move but before we decide we have to find job's and children's schooling. Our children are aged 8 and 11 does anyone know about the schooling in Hurghada not the big private one in El Gouna that is way to expensive £5000 per child per year.

Also how do we go about getting job's out there we know the wages are alot lower than here but the prices of things are alot lower too.

We are out in April on our own without the children so this could help with our research too.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Jayne.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Jayne - I have read that amongst other things you need to get an aids test done and a letter from your current employer ( one place I looked at said that it needs to prove that you have worked for that employer for at least 8 years ) and I also read that your new employer will apply for the work permit for you.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Current employer would be imposible as Husband is self employed,I am a qualified nail tecnition but worked mobile for the past 7 years. I have done alot of studies a college eg: computer skill, building computers, book keeping,

J

J4hurghada

Banned
with having an apartment we have residency visa's I know we need work permits too but that is a day out to the visa office.

R

redseasound

Hi Jayne - I have read that amongst other things you need to get an aids test done and a letter from your current employer ( one place I looked at said that it needs to prove that you have worked for that employer for at least 8 years ) and I also read that your new employer will apply for the work permit for you.
you wont find many employers that will make the visa for you... (yes you need an aids test, a letter from the employer and qualifications translated to arabic) but i know people who have been here for 10+ years on a tourist visa which you can renew at the local office for i think around 15 sterling cant remember they change the price every year when i first came and had the tourist visa... ask your tour rep if they have a work visa :)

if you plan to start a business then your lawyer can advise you i think these days you need a min 35K US$ (per partner) to start a wholey owned company in your name.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thats interesting - and good to know Redseasound. Hope for me working in Sharm yet then?

I have read your intro. I did a trial dive for the 1st time last Easter with my teenage daughter. She loved it. I have a fear of the sea but done it but dont know how.

Maybe you could start a thread with tips on snorkelling and diving with your expertise??

Queenie.

R

redseasound

Thats interesting - and good to know Redseasound. Hope for me working in Sharm yet then?

I have read your intro. I did a trial dive for the 1st time last Easter with my teenage daughter. She loved it. I have a fear of the sea but done it but dont know how.

Maybe you could start a thread with tips on snorkelling and diving with your expertise??

Queenie.
i love the anonymity of the web sometimes of course if you know what your doing you can always find out more about the person, but lets just say i spent 4 years working here with just a tourist visa and nothing ever happened to me, ever!

i didnt even like scuba really when i first started (i did it in cornwall thats why!) but it really grabs some people to start it was a way to be in a different country without being a waiter or something but it grabs you after a while!

maybe, but it's 12.40pm in hurghada and im not sure i'll even remember i joined this forum in the morning :) can someone send me an alarm email to remind me :)

J

J4hurghada

Banned
I have heard that the company that you are working for will sort out the working visa's for you, but I will find out more when we go over in April.

Things are all upside down at minuite there is quite alot to sort out this end before finally moving which I would say would be July or August.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
also I have found a school in Hurghada that last year cost £1700 per child, English/American school. For this your child gets 2 meals a day and all the books, uniform and taxi's are not in the price.

This is alot cheaper than the school in El Gouna that charges £5000 per year.

I am going to see them in April too so will let you all know the prices this year

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi Jayne I would be very interested in this too; we plan to move out in the Summer and my two gran daughters (9 & 3) will need to start school in September. Would you mind sending me the web reference?

Peter

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Hi peter,

I have sent you a PM with details. If things go to plan your granddaughter will be in the same class as my daughter she will be 9 early august

Last edited:
A

awahee123

Banned
I think that anybody wanting to work in Egypt has to be sponsored by their employer,don't know how this will work if you are already living there.

L

lyndsay552

Own Business

you wont find many employers that will make the visa for you... (yes you need an aids test, a letter from the employer and qualifications translated to arabic) but i know people who have been here for 10+ years on a tourist visa which you can renew at the local office for i think around 15 sterling cant remember they change the price every year when i first came and had the tourist visa... ask your tour rep if they have a work visa :)

if you plan to start a business then your lawyer can advise you i think these days you need a min 35K US$ (per partner) to start a wholey owned company in your name.
Can you please explain further about the $35k? We where considering opening boarding kennels in hurghada, so would this figure affect us?

Thanks