Work Permit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MK_kimberley

Hello,

I've been reading a few threads on visa's and work permits but they are all a bit confusing.

I will be coming to Hurghada in June to work as a primary school teacher.

What do I do when i get to the airport? Will i get the usual visa that they stamp/stick in your passport and charge you $15 for.. or will I get something else?

Also what do I do about a work permit? I read somewhere that your employer can obtain this for you? Its all a bit confusing..

Any help would be very appreciated

Kim :D

L

lyndsay552

Hi Kim

Just get the normal 3 month entry visa when you come through the airport. It takes about 3 months to get your work visa and your employer has to apply for it. It may be possible to do this before you arrive but I'm not 100% sure

H

hannacas

hi Kim,
make sure you discuss this subject with your school.
there is a lot of control nowadays in Hurghada about forigners working here.
The companies should make for you permit, but you have to be precisive as it is not easy for them and is quite expensive.
many foreigners still in hurghada wihtout a working visa, some of them got it when they married an egyptian. but this must be legal marriage, not only orfi marriage.
so good luck

S

SHARM-SERVICES

Hello,

I've been reading a few threads on visa's and work permits but they are all a bit confusing.

I will be coming to Hurghada in June to work as a primary school teacher.

What do I do when i get to the airport? Will i get the usual visa that they stamp/stick in your passport and charge you $15 for.. or will I get something else?

Also what do I do about a work permit? I read somewhere that your employer can obtain this for you? Its all a bit confusing..

Any help would be very appreciated

Kim :D

Given that it's now mid-June, did you manage to get yourself sorted out okay? Or rather did your school manage to get your visa sorted out yet?

If you've moved already, I hope you're settling in okay... if you haven't moved yet, good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.