Wooden furniture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

U_S

What are the things that should be kept in mind before buying wooden furniture??

B

Barny

I guess it depends on what furniture you're looking at. As an example if you supply a wooden bed, table, wardrobe, etc you need furniture that is durable and will last and not that of a quality that will continually break and/or need repairs/replacing.

I'd also suggest to refrain from wooden stoves or wooden pots and pans, etc, they won't last too well ;)

C

corywaddoups

Here are some good tips

- Will it look good in your living room?

- Is it comfortable?

- Does the colour flow with your living room interior?

- Does the furniture fit in with the style of the living room?

- Will it fit in your living room? Where will you position it?

- Is the furniture in your budget?

E

Ed_P

How durable is the wooden material? People who buy second hand or antique furnishings often find wood to be lacking in quality.

KGeeson

KGeeson

Property Forum Staff
Forum Partner
If it's buying wooden furniture for a rental property, then it's about striking the right balance between something that looks good but doesn't cost the earth. For example, there's no point filling a house with solid oak furniture and it being a student HMO! Veneered furniture can look just as attractive and give a contemporary look without it costing a bomb.

Now's the time to look, being the January sales!!:D

Cowell

Cowell

What are the things that should be kept in mind before buying wooden furniture??
Termites.;)

Aside from that. what type of interior are you going for? Modern or deco looks don't go with wood in my opinion. Some say deco and wood only if the whole look is 50's American.

S

shinystar

Well for Wooden furniture the texture is always the premium point to be considered .
Rouch or smooth dark or soft polish that will go well with your rest of the home is very important to choose before choosing the right furniture.

N

nmb

This really depends upon what kind of style you're looking to choose for your home. However, remember that if you want to sell or rent your property in the future you would do better buying furniture with "mass-market appeal" as opposed to some types of wooden furniture which can appeal to "niche markets". The best bit of advice I was ever given was to look around the area and see what type of decor/furniture is popular.

C

cheryll

That depends on what type of futniture you are planning got buy.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I have seen situations where people go for dark wood decor which can make a property look very dark and unwelcoming. Maybe a lighter shade of wooden decor would help to brighten the place up a little and make it look a little more inviting?

Status
Not open for further replies.