winter in bulgaria

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

frenchman

I was in bulgaria on november for 3 weeks on holiday in my rural house, and was realising how pleasant it is to spend time there in winter. I usually come on spring or summer to enjoy the sunshine and barbecues outside on my terrace, but i really like winter too, just resting nearby my fireplace appreciating bulgarian food and wine, looking at the landscape sometimes covered by a thick coat of snow, so rare in my country.

What do you think about winter in Bulgaria?

J

Jain and Chris

Hello Frenchman

Bulgaria definitely gets all four seasons. Hot summers, cold winters and then spring/autumn really mild.

We enjoy our time here immensely - taking advantage of the hot summers to get in the pool and have a bbq; enjoying the skiing in the winter; then walking and horseriding in the spring and autumns (wonderful changing tree colours at that time too).

If you are looking at property here I would certainly consider reversible air conditioning so that you get warmth in the winter and air con in the summer.

All the best

R

rene

Hiya ive had my house in Bulgaria now for over 2 years and never spent a winter there infear of dismal weather and basically nothing to do with children in tow.
I was always worried about being snowed in, not being able to get about and the usual problems.
Ive got to admit i love the sun and hot summers there but not sure on how id cope with the winter there.
I suppose theres always a first time though.

J

Jain and Chris

Hiya Rene

I felt much the same as you, particularly as we moved here from south west France where it never went below zero.

Strangely enough I really enjoy the winters here - not at all like the UK, which are dank and dismal - but here they are crisp and white with beautiful clear blue skies... wonderful. Even though we have a home in a mountain town we're never snowed in !

My best thought for you would be to make sure your house is warm :)

All the best,

Status
Not open for further replies.