Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

winter in bulgaria

Discussion in 'Bulgaria Property' started by frenchman, Dec 7, 2007.

1. frenchman

frenchman New Member

I was in bulgaria on november for 3 weeks on holiday in my rural house, and was realising how pleasant it is to spend time there in winter. I usually come on spring or summer to enjoy the sunshine and barbecues outside on my terrace, but i really like winter too, just resting nearby my fireplace appreciating bulgarian food and wine, looking at the landscape sometimes covered by a thick coat of snow, so rare in my country.

What do you think about winter in Bulgaria?

2. Jain and Chris

Jain and Chris Senior Member

Hello Frenchman

Bulgaria definitely gets all four seasons. Hot summers, cold winters and then spring/autumn really mild.

We enjoy our time here immensely - taking advantage of the hot summers to get in the pool and have a bbq; enjoying the skiing in the winter; then walking and horseriding in the spring and autumns (wonderful changing tree colours at that time too).

If you are looking at property here I would certainly consider reversible air conditioning so that you get warmth in the winter and air con in the summer.

All the best

3. rene

rene New Member

Hiya ive had my house in Bulgaria now for over 2 years and never spent a winter there infear of dismal weather and basically nothing to do with children in tow.
    I was always worried about being snowed in, not being able to get about and the usual problems.
    Ive got to admit i love the sun and hot summers there but not sure on how id cope with the winter there.
    I suppose theres always a first time though.

4. Jain and Chris

Jain and Chris Senior Member

Hiya Rene

I felt much the same as you, particularly as we moved here from south west France where it never went below zero.

Strangely enough I really enjoy the winters here - not at all like the UK, which are dank and dismal - but here they are crisp and white with beautiful clear blue skies... wonderful. Even though we have a home in a mountain town we're never snowed in !

My best thought for you would be to make sure your house is warm :)

All the best,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.