Will yesterdays $10 billion fund raising steady the Dubai economy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
News that the Dubai Finance Department has raised $10 billion via a bond issue to the UAE has seen share prices in the region bounce, but is this the end of the economic and property market decline?

Check out our article for more details "Surprise $10 billion fundraising takes pressure off Dubai authorities" and post your views and comments on this thread.

S

sasherwani2

This bond issuance will temporary give life to the stock markets and help Dubai meet its 'immediate' debt obligations. The flow of liquidity will not bring much life to the property market as the reason behind the collapse might have been ignited by the liquidity supply but many more reasons joined in lateron (e.g. scrapping of laws, accountability, compliance etc). These issues are being ignored and till these laws and regulations are fixed, there wont be any investor confidence revival.

B

Brendan R

this is debt being taken on, sacrificing the future to support an illusory problem,

aka throwing good money after bad.

Taxation here we come

G

georgihh

Not enough

It is a good injection, will stabilize the situation for a while, but will not fix the problems. Drastic changes are needed and if not implemented the 20$ billion will disappear very quickly.
Having in mind that the 10$ billion comes from AD immediately, means that the situation is alarming.
This will cover all the current debts and some of the government projects, but is better than nothing

S

sasherwani2

Read today's Khaleej Times P:32. Dubai's debtual obligations are more than half a trillion Dirhams.

J

jags

makes me wonder where all the money gone by selling WORLD islands. they were 70% sold.only 1 island Britain was sold for $50 million. how much money Nakheel must have fetched from selling others.i am sure Nakheel has lot of money in its back pocket. once it is out of business where will it go is anybody's guess.

;)

F

financier888

this is debt being taken on, sacrificing the future to support an illusory problem,

aka throwing good money after bad.

Taxation here we come
I'm afraid you are correct - this is what the IMF is suggesting - TAXATION! then say goodbye...

M

Mariusss

Oscar 2009 - what your think?

What are you think about the Oscar 2009? Why this is stupid indian movie won to many nominations!??? I'm dissapointed!
I think Benjamin Button was the best!
What you think?

J

jags

What are you think about the Oscar 2009? Why this is stupid indian movie won to many nominations!??? I'm dissapointed!
I think Benjamin Button was the best!
What you think?
this is Dubai investment forum not the Oscar disscussion forum.:mad:

have you ever heard or understood art movie:(

S

sindibad

Most of this money will go into paying interst.
So I doubt any improvement in the property market.

Status
Not open for further replies.