Will the Euro crisis affect the French property market?

K

Kori

Hi all,

I am new, so hello all!

I was looking at buying a small investment in France (looking at cote d'azur/rhone alps ideally) as a first time buyer and was wondering if this is really the best time to buy?

With the announcement of Italy's euro crises and the possible collapse of the euro all togeather(?) do you think it's wise to make the leap or to hold out for a year or so?

I look forward to your comments :)

Kori

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
subject

South of France specially Nice has not been affected by the crises on the contrary the price on average has gone up 6% since the crises. The people buying there are the French, Italians, Russians, Brits, Swedish, Germans & Belgians. You cannlot go wrong in Nice.

S

steph5066

Location Location Location

Always remember the three rules of real estate. Location Location Location. Places like the south of france don't just have great weather. Its an international hub, 2 biggiest airport in france, full of international event. Its a place where there is economic development. I would like to invest there myself but look carefully.

Guillaume

Guillaume

Euro collapse

Hi Kori,
It's good to hear someone talk about the 'elephant in the room' other than just me :-o Yes, there is talk about the Euro collapsing and there is also talk that it is all by design by an ultra rich corporate elite that want to pick up the pieces in a 'fire sale'. lol... In my opinion even if all this is true and an engineered collapse does happen, the French are arguably the oldest culture in Europe. They survived every tyrannical force from the Romans to the Germans and everything in between. They'll survive this! :)

Did you make the move to buy in France?

Guillaume

S

Solonge

hmm...I think I would be very careful about buying in the Eurozone at the present time. Not one country using the Euro has a solid housing market; the UK has had a much smaller swing in prices in comparison. Whilst the USA may be at present a good time to buy...they are highly likely to recover fully in the next few years; the Euro is in a bad place...if Greece goes under...Italy will follow and then the rest of us need to be aware we are all at risk.