Will Qatar fallout impact property markets in the Gulf?

N

nmb

Qatar has effectively been isolated by neighbouring countries and while it has not received much press coverage in the UK the situation is getting critical now. Will this impact property markets in the gulf and the perceived risk factor? Or is it a red herring and everyone will soon fall back into line?

D

diyhelp

Turkey is getting very involved with this situation and providing food aid for Qatar. Turkey could easily destabilise the region with a leader who is effectively a dictator.

R

realdeals

Qatar has been given more time to "comply" with demands from neighbours. A chance to broker peace?

D

diyhelp

Do not under estimate the importance of this growing row. It is going to get nasty and with Donald Trump in the middle of it all, it WILL get messy.

R

realdeals

This is beginning to look like a staged "argument" to me - who benefits? Saudi Arabia has been mentioned time and time again as a rumoured funder of terror but all of a sudden the tables are turned on Qatar?

B

bin_3loush

i think that dubai is to strong to be effected by the drama happening. hopefully everything will be back as normal as before.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
What kind of timescale do you put on the region getting back to normal? I think the longer it drags on the harder it is to return to normal.

D

diyhelp

I see they are now trying to take the football World Cup off Qatar. This is getting nasty now!