ad

Will ongoing Brexit concerns keep UK base rates low?

F

FWL

Boris Johnson has taken a very aggressive approach to Brexit negotiations amid concerns the UK is headed for a no deal Brexit. Are these concerns likely to keep UK base rates and mortgage interest rates at relatively low levels?

D

diyhelp

It looks as though the UK is set for a further prolonged period of low interest rates which will support the economy and the property market to a certain extent.

F

FWL

There is renewed talk of UK base rates going lower in the short term. Wow, how low can we go? I always thought the worst was well and truly over ;)

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
One step forwards, two steps back seems to be the way at the moment. How do remainers believe a 3 month extension would help if they rule out no-deal? Bizarre.

R

realdeals

The UK is becoming an embarassement over Brexit. I would say a drop in rates would not help sterling which has tanked but I dont think a drop from 0.75% to 0.5% would have any impact whatsoever. There is a much wider picture here.

D

diyhelp

We are in the bizarre situation where the government of the day is asking for an election while the opposition refused to agree. This turmoil is making the UK look foolish on the continent and could cause untold damage to the reputation of the country. What next?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
There is now talk of the UK PM ignoring a law passed by the Houses of Parliament. What a strange strange situation we are in!