ad

Will Brexit make you more or less likely to invest in UK property?

N

nmb

Will the UK exit from the European Union, even though it may take a number of years, make you more or less likely to invest in UK property in the short to medium term?

L

lookinginvest

While there must be long-term buying opportunities in the UK property market at the moment it would seem sensible to sit on the sidelines and review the situation again once the dust settles. Until we know the terms of the UK exit from the European Union this is potentially a high risk investment environment.

H

H--T

Weaker pound is good for investment but now is not the time or unless you want to gamble but i think waiting is the best option and keep an eye on what happening.

N

nmb

I agree that now may not be the best time to invest in UK property even if prices do look attractive. As we move towards what will be protracted EU exit negotiations there could be further volatility in financial markets pushing prices lower and offering better long-term opportunities.

H

H--T

one more point, (this may be childish) do you think that EU will try to make things hard for UK? UK has a huge task of negotiations not just with EU but all the countries whom they are doing business. I know few major banks are moving there head offices to EU to capture the bigger market. Despite all that i do believe UK is in much much better position because of Pound. If they would have converted to EURO than coming back to your own currency would have devastating results.

N

nmb

Unfortunately I do think the EU will try to make it difficult for the UK to leave with an acceptable deal for the UK electorate (this attitude does the EU no favours in the eyes of voters across Europe). In many ways the UK has benefited from not adopting the euro some years ago and maintained a safe haven status up until the recent Brexit vote. There is already been talk of some banks moving jobs to Paris and indeed even the SNP is putting Edinburgh forward as the next "financial powerhouse" despite the fact that Scotland will not have access to the European single market when the UK finally leaves. Interesting times ahead!