Why UK investors should buy abroad??

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thegpsnetwork

where do you think is the best place to invest out of the UK and for what reasons??

N

New Road Property

Firstly, Hello to everyone!

The Best Place to Invest??

A very good question, which takes some serious thought.
All the obvious places can prove fruitful, however, my advice would be do plenty of homework.
One factor to look at and analyse is looking at the financial criteria available, banking, lending etc to investors and general public. High lending criteria’s may be cause for worry, if there are a number of good factors showing stability, a point very well worth considering, is lending criteria in good shape, an often overlooked criteria.

Try and secure property on developments with awards or recognised architects, adding an edge, a niche.

Countries and areas showing signs of good potential future commercial growth, where large businesses are relocating and setting up, contributing to an area being improved and an area that will need to provide living accomodation at all levels, for workers, Management, Directors etc. This will have a positive effect on prices as well as provide rental opportunities.
Another fairly obvious route is to be close to cities and city centres, business hubs will always have a demand because of logistics.

I hope for my first post this has not bored too many and that there may be a relevant point or two worth considering.

R

rowlandsbb

Best place to invest

Established economies in the EU
That includes all the usual ones but only the best locations and best developers...including parts of Spain
Also re sales but watch the spec as today much higher standards are required by purchasers
Also if you are a 'life style buyer' then 2008 will probably be as good as any year to find that place in the sun at a reasonable price

I

Investy

The best Royal resorts in Morocco which will match waht happened in the best Portugese and Spannish resorts over the last 15 years.

Saidia is the best of these as the new marina is the biggest in theMed (60 km from Spain) and will take the largest yatchs, larger than P Banuse can take, plus has far more and better facilities than ANY Spannish or Portugese development and yet is 4 x cheaper.

The end user will pay as much to holiday here by 2015 as hie will for the best Spannish developments so your yield will be unprecidented.

Brand new airport with 25 hubs under construction in Oujda, 30 mins away.

Spains second largest builder are the chief developers although I bought a product run by a Brit / Estonian development team.

On site hospital, 500 shop shopping centre and 11 hotels one of which apparntly owned by Ryanair (but I cant find absolute proof of this)

Barcelo hotel will open here in summer and has been bracketed in thier Platignum range.

S

strategicgrouprealty

Being very site specific, Orlando. Not near disney where everyone bought 2 years ago. But the east and northeast side of town. UCF(7th largets university in the country) is opening their medical school in about a year. Biotech is opening the offices there. Lockheed is expanding. Some 60,000 jobs in the next 2 years coming to that small portion of town. The market has hit its low point, so values will rise. Not at the astronomical rates of the past 5 years, but at a decent rate.

Beyond that Asia...

P

Paul

I would also advocate Orlando - a wide range of tourist attractions, areas of natural beauty, year round sunshine and a long holiday season, letting potential is high!

P

Paul

I would also advocate Orlando - with the wide range of tourist attractions, areas of natural beauty, year round sunshine and a long holiday season, letting potential is high!

G

geester

For me Tax reasons, the least amount of cash I have in the UK, the better...I'm sick of paying unfair taxes and I dont see why I should pay for others who aren't prepared to pay their way!:mad:

R

rowlandsbb

So where are you going Geester?
Spain is the nearest with good winter climate and some very cheap parts to live !

Gerry Pridham

Gerry Pridham

where do you think is the best place to invest out of the UK and for what reasons??
There is no answer to this, as it depends on the character, skills, experience, expectations and investment aims of the individual.

For me:
Syria - because my wife is from there, and though until recently it was not possible to mortgage property, my wife has made very decent returns on fully invested cash in property. She's over there right now buying our 5,500 sq ft retirement home for about £200K (and 50% mortgages are now available, albeit at 9% interest)

Spain - for the simple reason that we saw an attractive, scalable opportunity, and registered an S.L. to get after it.

UK, UK and UK
I'm buying as much as they'll let me buy here in 2008. I think the last opportunity we had like this was in the period 1993 to 1997. This time around, we've got far more funds to play with. Just watch the yields climb in UK property in the next five years.

There's also a soft side to making this decision. If you are going to invest overseas, at least make sure you enjoy visiting that place. If things go t*ts up, you will have to go there time and again to sort things out, and it may as well be somewhere you enjoy going to.:)

A

awahee123

Banned
I would say Egypt is the best place for investment purposes at the moment,Property starting from around £25000 upwards with something for all and excellent rerurns in a short period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.