Why a foreigner can't buy a house in India?

M

manchanda

According to a law governing Real Estate/Land Acquistion in the India foreigners are prohibited from buying houses and land in India. Because the land and population ration is not equal in India and Government want to save their land and natural resources for the country citizens .
if you are looking for land and Apartment in Kullu Manali

B

bryansmo12

As per law of government in India, foreigners are not allowed for buying homes or land in India. Because they want to save the land for Indians only.

S

samanthaflax02

Banned
Hi

do the following things if you want to buy a property in India

1) You can set up a business in India.
2) Read the RBI site with regard to business and ownership of immovable property.
3) You will need to find an accountant, before you need to worry about an advocate. The accountant will set up the majority of things that you require in the way of starting a company, doing company searches, registering the name, starting the transfer of money process and everything else that you will require to commence work.Don't forget PAN & DIN numbers.
4) Visa requirements, this is a very tricky area and I suggest that you read the Indian High Commission site and then try to contact them if you have any further questions
5) Once you have set up a company it is possible to purchase property and this is where people have been led astray, you can buy property/ buildings/ land (but not agricultural land) provided that it is or will be utilised in the main for the carrying out of the business that the company has been set up for.

S

sharma

Banned
As the population is so high the land is not enough for the natives itself. so the law prohibits buying land or house to foreigners

S

shilpa

Banned
NRI's can buy properties in India but foreigners are not allowed to buy.

S

Shenoi

According to a law governing Real Estate/Land Acquistion in the India foreigners are prohibited from buying houses and land in India. Because the land and population ration is not equal in India and Government want to save their land and natural resources for the country citizens .
if you are looking for land and Apartment in Kullu Manali
Yes, NRI's can buy a residential property in india. I don't think there should be any problem in buying a property in India.

R

rubina2013

As per RBI rules, NRI can buy a property in India, but foreigners can't buy

ihpuser

ihpuser

A foreigner can't buy property in India. It can be done if you are a NRI or if your organisation is registered in India.

J

JenniferKelly

:(

I wish they would let me buy a little house...
I did research in this and came to the conclusion that Foreigner's are eligible to buy commercial as well as residential flats property. They can't buy agricultural land, farm house and plantation property.

I

ibrahm

There is now issue for the foreigners to buy property in India.