Who to use?

E

Eric Davies

I’ve been told by different people to use a conveyancer whilst others have advised me to use a solicitor, which should I use?

M

Michelle Barringer

Forum Partner
Hello, When investing in property I would suggest that you use a solicitor and build a relationship with them as they can help to advise you on all matters relating to your purchase and assist you thought building your portfolio.
A conveyancer may be able to help with straight froward purchases - but the relationship with a solicitor who knows your purchase from the start can be more valuable long term

J

Judith Beilby

Premium Member
Hi Eric, I would definitely use a solicitor. There may be wider issues with the purchase that you may not have considered and their overall advice will be valuable.
I also agree that if you intend to buy long term then a good relationship with a solicitor is key.

L

Luke Masters

Premium Member
@Eric Davies a solicitor may be more valuable on a wider range of issues which could arise on more complicated transactions. However as conveyancers are property lawyers, to have one who works with you effectively and that you trust implicitly is a great asset when entering any property deal.