Who are the winners in the worldwide property downturn?

• Thread starter Nicholas Wallwork
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
As the worldwide property market continues to plummet, with expectations that property prices may not recover for anything up to two years, this may be the right time to consider who the winners are in the current economic climate and how exactly they have benefited. As they say in investment circles "Wealth is not created, just transferred" so who are the real winners in the ongoing property market downturn?

To read the rest of the article click here "Who are the winners in the worldwide property downturn?" - then why not leave your opinions and thoughts on the thread?

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
If property markets around the world fall much further, surely we should see a new influx of first time buyers who have recently been priced out of the market?

V

Vicks

Yeah, maybe.

Still many obstacles still in the way...

1. No Credit.
2. Higher Deposits.
3. Pound taking a battering , risky buying abroad.

I still believe that FTB are still holding off, with news left , right and centre that there is further price falls, would you buy now? I would wait another 6 months.

S

Sean@Phuket

Me, I am a winner in the downturn ....

Thank You All ...

T

torchy

I am a property investor who moved to Panama nearly five years ago. My portfolio value now is 6.5 times what I brought here and will double in the next year. I could have at least doubled that if I knew then what I know now. Like the rest of the world there is a slow down here. Putting that into context the GDP in 2007 grew by 11.2% the projection for 2008 is 9% so you can see it is doing much better than the rest of the world. There have been no bank crisis here due to the extreme conservatism of the banks.

There are many lucrative investment opportunities in Panama at the moment and no falling prices so far.

Torchy

Elliot Clark

Elliot Clark

Property market will stabilize itself. As prices decline, it will make buying property attractive and attract new buyers. New buyers are new demand. As a response prices will go up again.

R

rowlandsbb

The life style buyers who may now get a better home for their money that they thought possible a year or so ago
eg in Almeria a 2 bed duplex for 130.000 € ...45.000 less that the owner paid......he wants out at the mortgage he owes!
Or a a spacious villa with 2500 m2 of land for 189.000 € and make an offer!
A Polaris World 2 bed with large solarium at 87.500 € ...a re sale ....price they paid 119.800 €...and so it goes on just now
Good for buyers.....and there are mortages as long as the deposit is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.