White Bay Development Umm Al Quwain - Beachside Apartments

E

Europe1

Dubai White Bay

Hello I have also bought one the villas on the island and there are massive problems currently with this White Bay project. Delays over delays and no possible discussion with Al Murjan or Emirates Sunland. Does anybody know if there is a group of buyers which are planning a group action on White Bay? please respond here.
Thanks a lot

M

Mr Shah

Hi
I bought two units at Dubai water front Zero five zero ltd. Looks like developer disappeared. I paid the money in Escrow account. if somebody else bought the unit or have any kind of information please contact immediately so collective action can be taken.

Mr Shah

A

Ajmanprop

Mr. Shah:
Wrong thread - but here's another forum where your project was discussed. You may want to post the query there too - although it hasn't been active since Oct 19, 2008.

It seems that an escrow account had been set up (at least judging from the brochures posted online) so in theory funds you transferred via that account should be safe. Escrow officer will probably help - as to how to get in touch with RERA - who are probably better than nothing.

Hope this helps.

#APPROVED: 050, Res, (Madinat al arab) - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

J

Jorge Spain

Investor

Hello,

I am spanish investor that bought a villa at white bay and pay 50%.
If you create a group of buyers to try agend refunds our investment or do a group action, i will join.
I know other buyers that will join.

Regards.

Jorge

A

Artistic

I would like to get in touch with anyone who would like to organize a group discussion about what we can do regarding White Bay and the delays that have ensued. I have too invested already 50% into a villa that should have been handed over to me in November 2008.....granted there was a six month clause in my contract allowing them at maximum untill July 1st 2009. I have tried to get a refund but have been told because of the clause force major ( events out of their control) they are not offering refunds at the moment. I cannot get financing for the remaining 50% yet as no financing is set in place. Does anyone have any ideas or other information? I have had another contract stating that they now have a new date of completion to be June 2010 with a 12 month clause allowing the new date of completion to be June 2011 which i did not sign as i wanted to use my original contract to try to get all of my money back. Can anyone offer any advise? I live in dubai and have visited the site at regular 4 month intervals since first depositing my money in February 2007

A

Artistic

Delays

Hello I have also bought one the villas on the island and there are massive problems currently with this White Bay project. Delays over delays and no possible discussion with Al Murjan or Emirates Sunland. Does anybody know if there is a group of buyers which are planning a group action on White Bay? please respond here.
Thanks a lot
Hello Europe 1

I also would like to know if we can set up a group action as i have tried everything to get answers, especially regarding the financing that was promised verbally by the original sales staff, nothing in writing but no bank will offer financing for this project at the moment so my only alternative is to try to get a refund but to take this Developer to Court would be far too expensive alone so I am hoping other investors feel the same way and want to try a group action plan.

A

Artistic

Just like to add something for everyone who is unfortunate to have invested here whilst living in another country and not able to see for themselves any progress. I last visited the site on Saturday 17th October and to be honest there seems to be very little progression and not too many workers on site, My husband and i spoke with a worker on site and pretended we were looking to invest and asked when the project will be complete, we were told that the master-plan is not being completed and that only the first two phases are going ahead and they should be ready in 18 months, we asked why the whole project was not going to be completed and we were told that it was just one side of the project and part of the island and they had no answers as to when or even if the whole project would even be completed. What will be the point in owning a villa on a half completed project and how will we be able to sell or rent the villas if there is no master plan going to get finished?

R

rog

White Bay Development Sunland

Hello,

I have just come across this site & am very happy to find it!
We bought Dec 2006 2 properties The Terrace 607 & 601. We have paid 50% on both & have an Escrow & have not heard anything of concrete from Sunland apart from delays.

We are here on holiday & was going to go over & take a look. Does anybody have any news on it's development?
I also saw there was comment about group action, even though I am late to discover this forum, can I join the fight!

Rog

R

rog

Hi,
If you see my message I'd be glad to hear any news you have to share, we are very much in the dark & just came across this site.
We bought 2 apartments from Sunland White Bay, The Terraces Phase 3 & were planning to go to Sunland offices at Gold & Diamond Park Dubai soon. Any experience or knowledge you could share with us would be great.

A

Artistic

White Bay Project

Hi,
If you see my message I'd be glad to hear any news you have to share, we are very much in the dark & just came across this site.
We bought 2 apartments from Sunland White Bay, The Terraces Phase 3 & were planning to go to Sunland offices at Gold & Diamond Park Dubai soon. Any experience or knowledge you could share with us would be great.
Hello to anyone interested in hearing any news about White Bay and Sunland group etc. As you are aware if you read earlier posts from me, i have bought a villa initially from sunland and have paid my 50% until completion. I live in dubai and go at regular intervals to the site where i have my investment. I visited the site today and found slow progress yet again but admittedly there is a little, they have almost finished the wall but no foundations for housing yet, they have now planted a few palm tree's which at this stage seems to be a ridiculous idea. The signs at the site have all been changed now and read only that Al Murjan are the Developers ...... no reference to Sunland group whatsoever.
I am going to try to visit the office of Sunland at Gold and Diamond Park and go to them and ask why this has been changed, also the website for whitebay now gives no reference to sunland either so something has changed and we have not been informed.

I wouldn't mind waiting even if it took another two years to build if I knew for certain that I would be able to get a mortgage for the remaining 50% but as the situation stands at the moment they have no financing in place and no banks backing this build so unless we all have the cash when completion comes then we are all going to be de-faulted on our contracts as nothing in writing was promised about financing only by word of mouth did they promise that before it would be needed then something would be in place. I have photographs from my visit today so if anyone is interested then they can send me their email address and I will send them on. Also please keep this forum going as I don't seem to have anyone to talk to about my investment and we are all in it together.

A

Artistic

Recent photographs of white Bay project

Hi,

Just uploading recent photo at the site Saturday 8th January 2010IMG_7528.jpg

IMG_7529.jpg

IMG_7523.jpg

R

rog

White Bay Umm Al Quwain

Hi investors in White Bay. What's the latest in this development last photo's in March didn't show much progress. What's the chance of getting our deposits back anybody know. Artistict you seem to be the most active anything new to comment on. I will not be visiting again untail early 2011

A

Artistic

White bay

Hi Rog,

I am sorry people do not seem to be using this site much anymore, does everyone else have answers to their queries? I have written countless times to Sunland group and the people in charge at the Sunland office for al Murjan real Estate, it takes 3 or 4 emails requesting replies to my questions and then I even got onto the legal department for this project requesting that they at least have the curtesy to reply to a customer who has invested all of their life savings into this project. I did then get a reply to my email but not the questions i asked, the reply simply stated that the project was going ahead and as soon as they have financing in place then they would be in touch. As you all know from this forum, I only need financing on handover as they have the required 50% from me and have had that for the past 4 years. So in answer to your query Rog, I know no more now than I dd 6 months ago, I went to the site 2 weeks ago and still a little progress has been made but not enough for me to think that the villa's will be built by June 2011. I have also tried to get in touch with the person who was requesting anyone interested in taking them to court to get in touch but got no replies from them either. If you have any news to share I am happy to correspond with you and tell you of any new developments.

R

rog

Hello Robcarolsmith

We have family in Dubai and go out at least once a year. I have put 50% down on 2 apartments in the terraces. According to the contract completion 2011 but have a clause for an extra year so by 2012 if they are not built we are entitled to a refund but how likely is this? It would be good if we could get a group together to keep the pressure on. Keep in touch. I tried to give you my e-mail address but the site blocks it.

A

Artistic

Hi Rog,
Thanks for your reply, I changed my user name from artistic to so if you want to email me use that with the hotmail on the end of it and you will get me, i tried to add my email address but it will not let me. I honestly think we have no chance of being able to get our money back and to be honest i can't see this development being ready for at least another 4 or 5 years never mind one year, I have even had a clairvoyant tell me that it will be 5 or 6 years but it will be worth the wait. i know it is not what you want to hear but as for them just handing back all of our money in 1 year i am sure will be out of the question, they will say it is force ma jour again when in reality it is because no more investors are giving them money the way we did initially and the we were tied to a contract that ensured them receiving all our stage payments albeit delayed somewhat. so without new investors throwing money at them they will be slower to build the complete development, further slowing down any chance of investors having any interest in this project. I am lucky as I want this as an end user and could do with the 5 years to save up the money without needing financing but others will not be so lucky.

A

Artistic

Would also welcome anyone else interested in sending me their emails so we can correspond, just use the above post so you get my email right then i will get yours from that ...... forgot to say all lower case Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rog

rog

Hello Rob & Carol,
You did not put in your email contact name or did I miss something, you can get mine if you google Tynemouth Holiday Apartments contact details available form the site.
Speak soon,
Roger

J

JINJA

White bay

Al Murjan Real Estate
Owner
Crescent Tower, 5th Floor, Al Bahara Corniche Road, P.O. Box 5666, 1459, 246
Tel: +971 6-556-7666 | Fax: +971 6-556-6160

HI GUYS
HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT ABOVE FIRM HAS BEEN FORCED INTO LIQUIDATION.LIQUIDATORS HAVE BEEN APPOINTED.

JINJA

E

East end barrow boy

Into receivership according to Gulf News

Can not find the link, but in yesterdays glf news,the project has gone down.

I was surprised, cos there is no receivership procedures in UAE, but as they say, thats life in the sand pit.

barrow boy