Which State Produces Least Amount of Pollution?

A

Advadoc

Which State Produces the Least Amount of Pollution?

Vermont!

Top 10 Facts about Vermont

1. The First State admitted to our Union.

2. Known as The Green Mountain State. Hello !?! Is this manifest destiny calling? Obviously their founding fathers had a plan for this beautiful state.

3. In 1777, Vermont adopted its first constitution, abolishing slavery and providing for universal male suffrage without property qualifications.

4. Vermont’s #1 farm product is milk! Got milk?!? Ok, I had to…

5. The First Ben and Jerry’s ice cream store open in 1978. I love you Chocolate Therapy! If only my insurance company would cover the cost. Surely it’s preventative. After all, it does have the word “therapy.” Deeeelish!

6. No. 15 of the Acts of 1999: When serving apple pie in Vermont, a "good faith" effort shall be made to serve it with: (a) with a glass of cold milk, (b) with a slice of cheddar cheese, (c) with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream.

There is a serious milk theme in this state. I’m so thankful, but my waste isn’t!

7. Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth. Is there something good about having gums that we’re missing????

8. If we’re comparing the ration of cows to humans, cows win. So, with cows comes methane gas…I’m confused. We all know about global warming and I know when that happens I too feel a little warm. Hmmm…

9. Until 1996, Vermont was the only state without cool photos of Walmart customers circulating the internet as they had no store! Really?

10. President Calvin Coolidge was born in Plymouth on 7/4/1872, and is the only president born on the fourth of July. I love fireworks!!

I hope you enjoyed a little trivia for the day!!!!

Make a difference!

Ryan M

Ryan M

Interesting.Probably should think of harnessing the methane gas to produce energy.

LucasAtwell

LucasAtwell

The average Vermont driver puts 17,000 miles a year on his/her car. This equals 935 pounds of carbon monoxide, 13,600 pounds of carbon dioxide, 114 pounds of hydrocarbons, and 68 pounds of nitrogen oxides emitted every year. That’s nearly 7.5 tons of air pollution each year, from just one vehicle!

Motor vehicles are the largest source of toxic and carcinogenic air pollutants in Vermont. Each year, motor vehicles emit about 2 million pounds of toxic and carcinogenic compounds like benzene, formaldehyde, and 1,3-Butadiene.

Motor vehicles are the largest source (about 65%) of ozone-forming pollutants in Vermont. Each year vehicles emit over:

• · 234 million pounds of carbon monoxide,
  • · 20 million pounds of hydro-carbons,
  • · and 28 million pounds of nitrogen oxides.

As industries have reduced their emissions, motor vehicles have become an increasing portion of the air pollution created in Vermont.