ad

Which one should I get as a first-time home buyer, a semi-detached or a townhome?

M

michelle1121

I read this post from Paradise Developments about choosing between a semi-detached home and a townhome and the things to consider while doing so. I do like both options, but I'm already slightly leaning more towards a semi-detached. However, I'd like to ask what people who actually live in a semi-detached home and a townhome think about this. Any thoughts and recommendations would be very much appreciated.

D

Dora Wi

Both can be great investments, in the end I think it comes down to what area you are thinking about and your personal preference. I personally prefer semi-detached houses.

B

bhupinderbhatti

You have a lot of options when it comes to choosing a new home or eventually purchasing your dream home. You may be trying to decide if a semi-detached house or a townhome will best fit your needs based on your location and preferences. Each of these types of homes has its own set of advantages and disadvantages; the decision is entirely yours.

M

myles29

It still depends on your preference. With a semi-detached house, you'll have more privacy, but that means you'll be paying more. So if budget is one of your primary concerns, then a townhouse is a good option. I've been living in a townhouse and planning to buy my own at Mississauga. I don't have any issues with the noise. I can hear my neighbors from time to time, but it's nothing too crazy.