Which floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manisha

Im planning on buying an apartment in Marrakech, its a 3 floor building...can anyone advise which would be the best floor to buy it on? Thank You.

M

Mr Ri

You really need to provide information on the intended use, the environmental conditions around the development, the capital cost differentials, the likely running cost issues, before anyone can help you with any advice. :confused:

O

oregen

Well I think the ground or the first floor. It is a good idea to buy there especially if you have elderly people coming to visit

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Subject:

I will always buy the top floor flat. My reasons are follows.

a) In most cases you will have an unobstructed views:
b) Less noisy from the street
c) security.
d) Noise from other flat owners using lift, staircase, corridors etc.
e) Will not be disturbed by the moving of furniture, stomping and high heal shoes etc.
f) Can come with large terrace etc
g) cigarette buts will not lend in your terrace.

All modern blocks will have a lift so elderly visiting is not an issue. It for this reasons that you find they top floor flats are the most expensive.

A

Alan01

I find that (other things being equal) the top floor apartments in a development tend to be the most desirable, followed by the ground floor, then the others. For this reason you usually find that the top floor will be the most expensive and the middle floor(s) the least expensive.

I agree with the points expressed by camel with three humps regarding the attractiveness of top-floor apartments, although I would point out that if the rooftop is a communal sun-terrace, it could be pretty noisy residing directly below it!

Like Mr Ri says, you should consider a range of factors to help you to decide - and I would say consideration of selling price, maintenance charges, potential rentability, resale potential, views, whether ground floor apartments have private gardens, whether or not there are lifts, will the roof be used (e.g. a pool/solarium) top my list.

But if you want a quick answer I'd say, if you get a view, go for the top!

Good luck!

Alan

S

sandals

I will always buy the top floor flat. My reasons are follows.

a) In most cases you will have an unobstructed views:
b) Less noisy from the street
c) security.
d) Noise from other flat owners using lift, staircase, corridors etc.
e) Will not be disturbed by the moving of furniture, stomping and high heal shoes etc.
f) Can come with large terrace etc
g) cigarette buts will not lend in your terrace.

All modern blocks will have a lift so elderly visiting is not an issue. It for this reasons that you find they top floor flats are the most expensive.
I agree with you.

T

tony ben

Im planning on buying an apartment in Marrakech, its a 3 floor building...can anyone advise which would be the best floor to buy it on? Thank You.
I always like to be on top, my wife did complain once.

Status
Not open for further replies.