Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Where To Invest In Brazil

Discussion in 'Brazil Property' started by awahee123, Dec 2, 2007.

1. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Where in Brazil would you recommend for investment and why?

2. michaelbush

michaelbush New Member

Much depends on your motive for investing and how much you have to invest! there are opportunites all over Brasil, residential, commercial, and it is the same as any other country, the returns depend on what you want and the market you need to sell into. The main consideration for foreigners investing is to research thoroughly and independently which means more than a 2 week holiday trip. If you want a second (or more) property as a holiday home/ rental property, then you have to look at the tourist figures for each area. My own strategy would be to use the Brasilian market as a base, if you can get more from foreigners it is a bonus! Also if you are expecting to get rich on rentals, then forget it, unless you can be here to manage your investments.

3. michaelbush

michaelbush New Member

I am in Natal myself and love the area, safer than many states, but there are many beautiful areas and beaches and each has its pluses. Whether it be price, good warm weather all year, or just the infrastructure or people, each area can give you a reason to invest.

4. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Hi Michaelbush what is the climate like in Brazil (Natal) and what are prices like from???

5. michaelbush

michaelbush New Member

Natal is warm all year - summer time here (Nov- April) average day and night temperature 28 C and winter average around 25 C - Day time in winter can reach 30 plus and night can drop to as low as 21-22 C! There are months when there is more rain but it is always warm. Property prices are very variable- it depends what you look for - apartments from 49000euros. Prices are still very low in comparison to other countries like Morocco, Bulgaria etc, but have been rising over the last couple of years. If you can be more specific as to what type of property you want prices for then I can respond.

6. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Lets say i'm looking for a 2 bed apartment in a safe area with pool ,what do you get for 47000 euros?.

7. michaelbush

michaelbush New Member

there is an aparthotel complex shortly being released in Natal and the price for a 1st floor apartment of around 55m2, 2 bed, will be 49900 euros. (plus of course the taxes etc (add around 6-7%)) Top floor (22nd) will be 93000 euros. This is awaiting final licence before release. Apart from that there are apartments in the city for similar prices, re-sales and off-plan, suitable for long term lets. Also in the off plan developments close to the beaches of the Litoral Norte you can get something for around 50-60k euros. including furniture and a 2 year rental guarantee. (5% a year) But for something good you will pay more. But I am sure you already know that!

8. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Thanks for the info michaelbush will look into it a bit more and see if anybody else can recommend anything.

9. michaelbush

michaelbush New Member

That is fine - but nobody can recommend anything to you if they have no idea of what you are looking for, or your motives for an investment, or a budget. This is a forum and there are plenty of sites to get information from, including this forum "properties for sale". Just enter "Brazil property" or similar and you will be inundated with offers! Are you also an agent looking for info? that is no problem to me. I am willing to share knowledge with anyone, but cannot advise without honest exchanges.

10. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Hi firstly let me apologise for not answering straight away.
    I am not an agent nor do I represent any type of agency.
    I merely started a thread on the Brazil forum to see what is currently available and how prices are structured, as a few years ago I was very interested in investing in Brazil.
    It is a forum, that is why I am looking for information regarding investment potential within Brazil,I am not really looking at any one development or area im trying to get some different views to see if Brazil is still a good investment.
    If something cathces my eye I will look into it.
    I am not tied down to a studio or 3 bedroom apartment i am just looking for info hoping a few different people can tell me which area within Brazil is good and why.
    Without prejudice I would like information from People who have invested in Brazil and maybe who now have moved there rather than just Agents.
    If I find it may be for me then I will arrange a visit before taking any further steps,if I receive bad feedback then maybe I will not waste my time,so I am looking for info from a range of Investors hopefully from a few different areas.
    I hope this clears up any confusion.

11. michaelbush

michaelbush New Member

Thanks for clearing that up! However you should first choose an area- I chose Natal, for several reasons and have invested here myself quite strongly. There are many safe areas in Brazil, and if you want to live here then you can find really safe areas, and have no problem or danger of assault. I believe that Brasil will offer extremely good returns over the next 10 years- the economy is really strong, and I see no reason why the situation would change. As I said before you have to visit to see the different culture. When you like an area then is the time to decide what you want to spend and what style of property and lifestyle you want. A good size house in a closed condominium can cost the same as small flat in the UK. Conversely a small apartment here would not get a garage in the UK! If it is an investment and not to live in, then buy what the Brasilians buy and you wont go wrong! If you come to Natal we can talk through the whole thing. Thomsons operate till April with one or 2 week packages at good prices.

12. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Brazill

Thanks very much for the info,as I stated I am in the early stages of deciding where my next investment may be, once I decide where, I can then move forward and visit a few areas to see which may be suitable for me.

13. MarikaAR

MarikaAR New Member

Dear AW

I would like to agree with Michael about motives for investment.

Brazil is such a vast country that it is impossible to recommend a state, not even to mention a project without a clear idea of what a person is interested in.

The three popular states in the NE of Brazil is Rio Grande do Norte, Ceara and Bahia with prices in Ceara the lowest (on average) and in Bahia the highest, but Rio Grande do Norte is fast catching up to Bahia.

Outside of the NE, the popular areas to invest in is Rio de Janeiro, or more specifically Buzios. Prices in Buzios is far above the average price for the NE.

14. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

I agree you should have an idea, but thats why i'm using the forum to get an idea,I was hoping I would get a few replies from people who have invested in different parts of Brazil allowing me to get a bit of a picture before I decide what I want to do.
    I know very little regarding Brazil so I am really looking for advice from non agents for obvious reasons.

15. ferriej

ferriej New Member

Awahee, i have invested in Banana Residential in Cumbuco 20km from Fortaleza. Surprised the lack of attention Fortaleza recieves considering it is an established city and attracts loads of tourists and also a favourite holiday destination for Brasilians from all over the country. also loads of restuarants, bars, nightlife tourism etc
    Banana Residential 2km from the beautiful beach and village of cumbuco and sits on a lagoon.
    Prices have risen sharply since initial release but still appears good value for money

16. MarikaAR

MarikaAR New Member

WA

There is a Brazil Owners thread on the site that might help you. Have a read there.

Marika

17. PAUL-brasil

PAUL-brasil New Member

Hello awahee,
    I own a beach villa in Ceara, Tabuba Cumubuco, owned since spring 2006, bought as a resale and recently successfully refurbed it cheaply. I have been to Ceara and Rio Grande de Norte 5 time now over 2year period and have just recently back in UK from visiting again. I have visited many of the areas up and down the coast of both states and know the areas of Ceara very well and R G D N to a reasonable point. I think Firsttimer is spot on what he says about Fortaleza, it is now number1 for internal tourism ahead of Salvador now and Cumbuco is has it all for the for the foriegners but is now quite expensive for the area. Banana resistance could have potential as good investment on my opinon depending exactly where abouts down the banana lagoon it will be developed, If its too far down away from the developed area then could be more of a problem in my eyes, also i have other issues with this development with the actual build.
    Also Awahee Ive have not been on this site in a while but i have written lots in the past about my ideas and my methods a couple of month ago, so if ya click on my name it should give youn option to read back on my previous threads.
    catch ya later,
    Paul

18. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Thanks very much Paul will look at your threads,your information is appreciated.

19. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Thanks very much to all that have provided me with some leads on this thread,
    Everybodys thoughts and information on various locations is appreciated.
    Please if you get any more info in the near future do put it on this thread.
    By the way A very merry Christmas to all and a happy and prosperous New Year.

20. cwashiii

cwashiii New Member

I would like to find more information on Southern Brazil near Sao Paulo and Rio. Do you know anything about this area?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.