Where to buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Investy

Funnily enough over 1/2 the buyers in the Tangiers area of Morocco are American!!

Florida is too far away, I want year round rentals from the high paying villa rental market. Also I dislike Florida as I find it chintzy and glitzy - no class, no true luxury, just oversized and overstated oppulance with no designer eye.

Morocco is being developed by the biggest developers on Earth - Im sure they factored in the risks.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
yourfraction said:
Recent investors in Spanish properties with a view to cover their mortgages by renting to tourists have seen huge fines levied on them by the Spanish Government to protect Spain’s hotel trade leaving a lot of UK investors with huge financial problems.
yourfraction can you post a link to a news story about the fines and how it applies to everyone who is renting a house out to tourists?

Last edited:
Y

yourfraction

Spanish Fines for holiday home owners

Do a search on Google, fines on spanish holiday homes, several papers including the Scotsman have done an article on the new fines levied against holiday home owners, one woman has been issued a 20,000 Euro fine for not having a tourist license , and it is impossible to get a tourist license in Spain.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
yourfraction said:
Do a search on Google, fines on spanish holiday homes, several papers including the Scotsman have done an article on the new fines levied against holiday home owners, one woman has been issued a 20,000 Euro fine for not having a tourist license , and it is impossible to get a tourist license in Spain.
I checked the first 100 entries and nothing. I also lived in Spain for 5 years and still spend a lot of time there, and I have never heard of it. The only similar thing I have heard of was a brit renting out all the houses on one development which made it more of a hotel. I also have plenty of friends who own hotels and have had no problems getting licenses.

Y

yourfraction

Hi

Hi just checked Google and found 3 articles on this from 3 different sorces all saying that the total fine is 30,000 Euros and that the Spanish authorities will be cracking down hard on people offering holiday rentals.

For some reason I cant copy and paste the links or I would gladly do it for you. I can assure you this is fact

I have a family member who has also been ,ade aware of this from a realtor in Spain.

I wish you all the best

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
yourfraction said:
Hi just checked Google and found 3 articles on this from 3 different sorces all saying that the total fine is 30,000 Euros and that the Spanish authorities will be cracking down hard on people offering holiday rentals.

For some reason I cant copy and paste the links or I would gladly do it for you. I can assure you this is fact

I have a family member who has also been ,ade aware of this from a realtor in Spain.

I wish you all the best
I found it. I also do remember it vaguely now, it really cannot be enforced unless someone reports you to the police, so be nice to your neighbours.....:D

Here is a link to the story: http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/13197

Y

yourfraction

Let’s hope that as you say there are not many reports of the authorities charging holiday home owners with fines. Spain is a beautiful country to live and holiday in.

Spain has lost a lot of investors in the past 2 years to many of the Eastern European countries, Florida and Dubai, this along with higher crime rate in Spain and problems with land title should caution potential Spanish investors

L

lina

The Perfect Place

Bulgaria is a small ex-communist country, which joined European Union this year and has experienced macroeconomic stability and strong growth since a major economic downturn in 1996.
This country in Eastern Europe is on the western side of the Black Sea and the climate on its sea coast is one to dream about - short, mild winter with rare snowfalls that disappears in the moment that touch the ground and long hot summer.
Pomorie is a town in Bulgaria, situated on the sea coast and Yurmala is a complex in it that perfectly suits your needs.
The complex is unique because it is located in the northern part of Pomorie between Black sea and the famous lake of Pomorie, that is known to have healing virtue. Yurmala unique location offers a wonderful panoramic view even from the first floor. At first the complex was planned as balneological hotel and its whole first floor - a healing center. Pomorie is 15 min away with a car ot bus from the international airport of Bourgas and is one of the most famous Black Sea coast resorts - Sunny Beach.
The building has four floors and covers 5500 sq.m. It offers comfort and peace. It is located near to the coast and also the lake of Pomorie and that is a great part of the balneological and healing center, whoch Pomorie became.
From the spacious apartments can be observed beautiful panoramic view to the whole bay ant to the old city of Pomorie and the resort situated close to it - Aheloi. Because of its local healing and the close location of the 5 stars hotel of Anhialo, Yurmala healing center will be useable whole year, which will assure to the owners stable rentability and regaining the ivestments.
On the first floor there are about 70 studios and apartment and each of them can be modified in the working process by the client's wish.
Yurmala is a skilful combination of healing center and a place for relaxation - a perfect atmosphere for your whole family. The visitors can use all the services: restaurant, balneological center, loby bar, enjoy a pleasant rest in the attractive green park, the mud-baths and the fresh air, that the hospitable Black Sea Coast offers.

Kalina Genova
[email protected]
mobile: +359 878 445 089

D

Dia Soleado Invest

I find it really surpirsing that noboby has mentioned Morocco yet, especially with the amount of attention it has generated as of late. It's close, it's warm and best of all it's affordable. Here are a few more things to consider as well:

Property prices are 50% less than other European resorts.
Low cost of living.
Decreasing Capital Gains Tax from 20% - 0% after 10 years.
No Inheritance Tax with a Moroccan will.
Rental occupancy reaching 85% most years during peak season
75% mortgages available
10 million projected visitors per year by 2010
Capital growth estimated to increase by 15 – 20% per annum
Vision 2010 – Government funded improvement strategy designed to improve roads, marinas, trains and increase the number of 5-star resorts, shopping malls and beach clubs
Open skies policy – 15 new airports and low cost airlines to Morocco
Mediterranean climate for 330 days a year
Destined for EEC membership
Year round tourism

We have just started marketing this region oursleves and I have been very happy with the amount of research and security that most of the developers provide, namely the bank guarantees.

Also to consider, is that most projects in Morocco are backed by the government to coincide with King Mohammed's Vision 2010 Azur Programme, which is promising to attract 10 Million tourists and create 600,000 jobs over the next 3 - 4 years.

Y

yourfraction

Can the gentleman who is selling unitys in Costa Rica please email me again
Thanks

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Dia Soleado Invest said:
Destined for EEC membership
Sorry, but I had to laugh at this. Even Turkey, which is light years ahead of Morroco economically and politically, doesn't look likely to enter the EC for a very long time.

So I can't see how a non-democratic country (it is ruled a bit less tryanically since the old king died) with serious economic and social issues has any chance to join.

D

Dia Soleado Invest

Fair comment, but I would say that there are still many other characteristics that warrant a good look to Morocco as an interesting prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.