Where to buy in Portugal?

V

Victravis

In many places

Hello
What could i get now in Portugal for up to 100.000 euros please?
Any tips appreciated
Kind regards
The question is: for what do you want the house/apartment? If it is for holidays and rentals, you need to look for the most touristic areas which still are Algarve, Madeira and Lisbon. Algarve is still the first one on tourists either Portuguese, Spaniards or any others from abroad. The first aim for tourists still are sun and sea. So why to risk in any other areas? I rather look well in Algarve than to try any other places. If you want I can help you.

T

thedon

Hello
What could i get now in Portugal for up to 100.000 euros please?
Any tips appreciated
Kind regards
I myself have a 3 bedroom apartment in Tavira for sale.
I would think at 100,000 it is pretty good value.
It is in an established complex with pools, restaurant, bars, tennis etc.
The Don.

B

BizPropMan

Is Portugal under going a major face lift?
There were talks of this happening and if so when?
It will be great to know so one can purchase just as this is about to happen

Last edited:
A

Albatross Villas

Is Portugal under going a major face lift?
There were talks of this happening and if so when?
It will be great to know so one can purchase just as this is about to happen
There is no doubt that part of Portugal is now developed and forward-thinking, although that doesn't necessarily mean that it is the most attractive place for investment.

The Silver Coast remains Portugal's best kept secret... it has retained its charm and tradition whilst boasting some of the highest yearly average temperatures across Europe.

There is an extensive range of properties and resorts to select from when considering purchasing Silver Coast Properties.

V

Victravis

Silver Coast

Silver Coast in Portugal can be an option, but the sea water is cold and during August it is windy and some times it is foggy. Some times rain in summer. It is an alternative to Algarve but not for people looking for sun and warm seas.

B

BizPropMan

Compare

As Portugal and Spain is so close to one another, which is the better choice?

I would love to buy in Portugal but, if Spain is the better choice then I'm torn.

V

Victravis

Portugal versus Spain

As Portugal and Spain is so close to one another, which is the better choice?

I would love to buy in Portugal but, if Spain is the better choice then I'm torn.
Property in Portugal did not loose value as in Spain. Therefore you can buy cheaper in Spain. On the other hand that also means will take many years for you to see the value of your property starting to grow. Sea temperature in Spain is slightly warmer than in Algarve, Portugal. On the other hand there is no high towers and the population density in Algarve as there is in Spain. Some coastal cities in Spain has people density as Manhattam. In Algarve you never get burning temperatures of 50 C. Algarve is the land of never too cold never too hot. In Spain there is more criminality than in Portugal. Spain has the bombs of Eta and Muslims. Portugal is a quiet country. Taxes in Portugal for a no-resident are better with the exception of VAT. Conclusion: Algarve is a little better, but cost you more for similar properties.

B

BizPropMan

What to Buy

Thank you,
Q. When Buying in Portugal, should one go for the beach towns little villa or, should I be looking at an olive or wine farm?

Tróia

Tróia

An unusual but realistic investment

If you are looking to pay cash for your investment and then use the rental income for your home in the Algarve, I may have a couple of suggestions for you.

The investment is not in the North of Portugal, but much closer to Lisbon.

The product is beautiful and the location is out of this world.

A true nature lovers paradise with the beach only a ten minute drive away.

Let me know!

Tróia

Tróia

Hi bizpropman,

Is Portugal under going a change?

Ever since the revolution!

In relation to either Spain or Portugal, it depends on what you are looking for.

Both are great countries with terrific lifestyles, again depending on what like.

Spain accounts for a lot of the Portuguese economy, and for the last few years many Spanish have been investing here.

To try and answer your first question, there are many opportunities all over the world, define your goal and go from there, as in my opinion and for different reasons there are opportunities in both countries.

I have lived in Spain and now live in Portugal, so if your tendency is towards the latter let me know.

Last edited:
B

BizPropMan

More Info

What kind of price range are we looking at? R $ £

How many months per year can I look at rental returns? Min & Max

What kind of rental return can one look at per day or per week? R $ £

V

Victravis

Study the country

Whatever you decide Portugal or Spain you need to study the country, think about the lifestyle you want and see where you'll be better fit. You need to have in account the language. In Portugal many people speaks English which not happens in Spain where it is not easy to get English speakers. I do not recommend into going to agriculture unless you do not need the income. Wine is a serious business and you need to have a good amount of money to invest. Land with Olive trees are much cheaper. Also to get income enough from Olive trees I would recommend to invest in Alentejo where big properties are easier to find. You also can decide on intensive growing or the traditional way. Do not live from agriculture only, always add the hospitaly option.

P

Paul Manning

The Silver coast is certainly a great alternative to the Algarve although you do get more extremes of weather - cooler in the winter, warmer in the summer and more wind and rain. The more you move inland, the cheaper the prices of property. You get a lot better Value for money say for example near Tomar and you get even cheaper if you move further inland and a little more north in areas such as Figuiera Dos Vinhos, Lousa, Miranda do Corvo, Arganil and Olivieria do Hospital. Being near the sea is not vital in these areas as there is a wealth of river beaches where you can do all you do at the coast ( well maybe not surfing). Do remember that there are less Brits in these areas but you might consider that a good thing!

J

James Glassbrook

The Silver coast is certainly a great alternative to the Algarve although you do get more extremes of weather - cooler in the winter, warmer in the summer and more wind and rain. The more you move inland, the cheaper the prices of property. You get a lot better Value for money say for example near Tomar and you get even cheaper if you move further inland and a little more north in areas such as Figuiera Dos Vinhos, Lousa, Miranda do Corvo, Arganil and Olivieria do Hospital. Being near the sea is not vital in these areas as there is a wealth of river beaches where you can do all you do at the coast ( well maybe not surfing). Do remember that there are less Brits in these areas but you might consider that a good thing!
......... if you speak Portuguese or want to learn but in areas where there are no Brits there may well be no English speaking people which can add to your problems in an emergency.
To get to these places from Britain is more difficult & more expensive and as stated the weather is somewhat less pleasant hence the lower values.

L

lena green

So whilst you guys on the Silver Coast are freezing your nuts off, here on the Algarve we are still in shorts in November. Do you tell your clients they`ll need ski`s for 6 months out of the year, heating is compulsory and best bring a hot water bottle with you.........no point in electric blankets as we don`t have electric !!.............and there`s nobody else there but you and the :santaclaus:eskimos..........Silver coast.......that silver is SNOW

P

Paul Manning

So whilst you guys on the Silver Coast are freezing your nuts off, here on the Algarve we are still in shorts in November. Do you tell your clients they`ll need ski`s for 6 months out of the year, heating is compulsory and best bring a hot water bottle with you.........no point in electric blankets as we don`t have electric !!.............and there`s nobody else there but you and the :santaclaus:eskimos..........Silver coast.......that silver is SNOW
I am still in my shorts .... I always wear them when I go skiiing and the electric was working yesterday ... I needed it to charge my Snowmobile:laugh:!!!

AshleyIngle

AshleyIngle

I am very optimistic this season, especially with the snow and 'the big freeze' in the UK where a lot of people cannot get to work/ cant be bothered/ spend more time for kids, I am sure property agents will be busy this winter booking insection trips out to portugal with potential buyers wanting to goto hotter ground!

I am a currency broker by trade, however I do hear from some contacts Algarve property prices are still forecasted to come down more? (I guess like most other places)

J

James Glassbrook

I am very optimistic this season, especially with the snow and 'the big freeze' in the UK where a lot of people cannot get to work/ cant be bothered/ spend more time for kids, I am sure property agents will be busy this winter booking insection trips out to portugal with potential buyers wanting to goto hotter ground!

I am a currency broker by trade, however I do hear from some contacts Algarve property prices are still forecasted to come down more? (I guess like most other places)
Some will drop but only where the owner really needs to sell.There are, already, some very sound investments.