Where one can buy in Abu Dhabi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kody

There are two designated investment zones in Abu Dhabi i.e. AL RAHA and REEM Island, areas which allow foreign nationals to purchase property.

a. AL RAHA. Al Maneera at Al Raha offered 1 to 4 bedroom apartment about one year ago. The response at its launch was extremely positive and the developer had to resort to balloting for allocation of property. Situated near to Abu Dhabi International Airport, this project suits those who prefer ‘out of town’ living.

b. REEM ISLAND. It is a natural island located 300 meters north east of Abu Dhabi island and planned to be connected by 3 bridges. It offers the ultimate lifestyle with lush mangroves on one side and extensive waterfront on the other. It is ideally situated for those who want to be both close to downtown Abu Dhabi and to have access to the extensive facilities of Reem Island. The Reem Island Project is under construction with bookings of apartments in full swing. The island project will be completed in 2011. There are three developers in this island:

(1) Tamouh Investment. Building 60% of the island. (Also the developer of Marina Heights)

(2) Sourouh. Building 20% of the island. Project called SHAMS Abu Dhabi.

(3) Al Reem Investments. Building 20% of the island project. Project called NAJMAT Abu Dhabi.

However, there appears to be possible overflow when the projects complete in 2009. Will it not struggle to rent out if it is to-let investment?

K

kaiden

Went to Reem Island yesterday. It's only sand so far. When you see the brochures of the new developments with infrastructure and so on... you wonder if it's only dreams that are sold or if it’ll really look like this after a few years. Seeing the developments in Dubai and some people making a huge amount of money in a short time, I'd probably invest in Abu Dhabi though. Although the fact that buildings are considered old and get destroyed after 25 years makes me hesitate ... but then I'm just a regular person and not an investor . The villas that were sold last year at Raha Beach were only for Emiratis. Since there is a shortage of flats in Abu Dhabi now, new construction is needed, but does the shortage apply to expensive accommodation as well as the to the affordable one?

I

imported_mirage

Abu Dhabi is an emirate which is at present showing quite a bit of potential, besides the Al Reem island and the very expensive stuff in al raha, 2 bed townhouses can be picked up in places like Hydra village for about AED890,000, a much better investment then an apartment and bound to offer higher appreciation and rent.

This is the kind of unit investors should be looking at, Abu Dhabi at present is looking a lot like Dubai back in the day, because i think investors already have that formula and awarenes of what kind of development is going to be very popular in UAE, simply because we've seen in it Dubai as such they almost have the benefit of hindsight with this regards.

with that in mind the Townhouse and villa developments are a pretty strong investment for anyone looking to get into abu dhabi in my humble opinion.

I

imported_farooki

I have 2 whole floors in Gate Tower 3, Gate District, Al Reem Island, Abu Dhabi.
Selling at a premium of 4% net only.

Any one interested contact me asap.

S

susant

I have 2 whole floors in Gate Tower 3, Gate District, Al Reem Island, Abu Dhabi.
Selling at a premium of 4% net only.

Any one interested contact me asap.

Is it allowed for expat to have property investment in ABu Dhabi?
If so, it is very expensive, but its worth rather than we pay for rent which is going higher time to time.

Most of expat i think taking property investment in Ajman, on which better payment plan and rate for per square feet.

I

imported_Aubre

You should also consider Al Ghadeer being developed by Sorouh. Expats can also buy there. Near the border with Dubai it will appeal to the broader Dubai and Abu Dhabi markets. The payment plan is every 6 mths with 35% on completion. Investment returns should be reasonably strong. I'm told it has been 2 times over-subscribed and there is a big push on around Cityscape. Watch this space.

C

chuckday

Hi,

I'm selling a studio in a development called SOLITAIRE (by Damac) on Al Reem Island

449sq ft
14th floor
completion in end 2010
Released earlier this year - all have been sold

I've paid about 35%, next payment in end March (10%)
final Damac Price was approx AED 3300 per sq ft, I paid just over AED 2,700 (negotiated additional discounts through bulk purchases) - willing to let this go at AED 3,000 per sq ft and will look at all reasonable offers.

This is a really high quality building (google it and see) and will jump up big time when mkt stabalises. I need the cash for other stuff hence low price.

If interested, email me on [email protected] or call on +44 (0)7810 376037

thx

Sameer

S

sanakamal

i think other than Reem island,one should consider Al-Reef Villa, its great place to live...i have been working on it and its the only off plane property which is selling now a days...

S

sanakamal

If anyone wants further information regarding Al-Reef than please dont hesitate to call me on 050-6405964

Status
Not open for further replies.