Where is it HOT right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

9009Ali

ok .. no worries.

can u give me a call or txt on 07760 171088 i'm in the uk?

rabali1234(at) hotmail co uk

Unforutately I got this message:

"Please remove the URL or email address you have posted. You are only allowed to post emails or URLs to other sites after you become an Active Member and have made 5 posts or more".

Can you let me have yours and then I can reply to it?

Last edited:
I

Investy

Oz has had a boom that pretty much mirrored ours so the cycle has'nt been correct. Best to wait for the crash to take hold there first.

9009Ali

Well.. only of I had more ££££

Then if I was loaded I'd want to spend some too !

Oz has had a boom that pretty much mirrored ours so the cycle has'nt been correct. Best to wait for the crash to take hold there first.

D

Damian George

Do you think Oz will burst - i admit there are some areas that have been over inflated such as western Sydney, but rents are soaring ano vacant properties. Think Inner Sydney will do well especially in the 2 bed market.

Also the buying process compared to the UK is a breeze 4-6 weeks your done with no pulling out by either party once sale is agreed

R

rcroome

Anything that's hot right now is probably hot because of speculative money. The smart money has moved to cash, gold and oil. Most people are waiting for the mature markets to bottom out, and depending where you are in the world, it could be up to 2 years away.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't stop looking. The early bird catches the worm etc...

I

Investy

Anything that's hot right now is probably hot because of speculative money. The smart money has moved to cash, gold and oil. Most people are waiting for the mature markets to bottom out, and depending where you are in the world, it could be up to 2 years away.

Well said, and proof there are thinking investors out there.

There are an awful lot of nonsensical piosts on these forums, along the lines of 'invest in X, because investing can produce an income' - WTF!!

There are very few property investments out there worthy of consideration just now. Certainly not places like Cyprus that are at the tail end of long booms - the very last place you ought to invest

O

Olly

Doesn't mean you shouldn't stop looking. The early bird catches the worm etc...
rcroome...how true, at least for some. However, if Oil continues to rise, GDP for most countries will be considerably affected. In other words, NIL growth or worse. Specially countries such as the UK.

Oil & Gold do seem the best options at present. Since cash will clearly suffer along with the downturn in any and all economies affected which is likely to be most if the doom & gloom forecasts prove correct.

Not a happy period but no doubt a considerable number of us on this site has experienced several past recessions.

Fortunately part of my work is with syndicates who contribute circa 30-40,000 Euros each to create the basic fund, which is then leveraged through financial institutions to finance and create commercial & residential properties. The result is superb ROI + property purchased at cost for themselves to either resell or retain. Most are not the 'flipping sorts' and look for longer exit strategy and retaining sizeable portfolios.

Example; I was reading today on Iain Matland's newsletter the stats for the UK buy-2-let market which supports this theory greatly. Apparently, Jonathan Moore of buy-to-let brokers Mortgages for Business reports...“13 per cent of landlords own 74 per cent of the buy-to-let stock. And even more striking is the fact that 53 per cent of landlords own just 3 per cent of the stock.”

Despite the down and falling market, the third place to 'park cash' during the next say 2-3 years, is still property. Of course, it has to be the sort that provides solid rental incomes too, else you might just as well watch your cash decline in a bank deposit.

rcroome...consider the longer term with property and there's little question it'll stand well alongside your Oil shares and Gold Bars. Do you have any going spare?!!!

Best of good fortune to you...

Olly

Last edited:
J

jvizman

Granted Oil and Gold are some pretty good deals, but they are still speculating! and if you are in commodities then it is hi risk to boot!!! i have seen that although it does not make me as much or as quick i do make more faster in the long run because all that i do usually make me 30%-60%. and i always have the rent so it basically pays for it self! commodities or other indirect investments you put up the money if you win great if it goes the other way well i guess it is just your bad luck! deversification is the key to financial security!!!!

R

rcroome

Thanks Olly and Jvisman,

What I've done over the past 9 months is to get rid of as much debt as is sensible in the Australian property market. I've just kept the ones I want to keep long term. Rates have been going up there for years and anyone with a loan is mortgage stretched.

The worm is going to turn.

Personally, I like Phuket because of its location, beaches, climate, cost of living, pricing and relative security by asian standards.

However I'm not buying now. The bottom end of the market still has some good deals going, however these are becoming fewer and fewer as people try to make a quick buck and inflate the selling price. The mid market is as flat as a tack, however the upper end is business as usual.

I'm watching the market like a hawk. The banks are giving good rates on cash at the moment in Australia, so I'm happy to wait. I'm going to use it when the perverbial really hits the fan in Thailand, which will be before Australia, at which point I may turn my attention there again.

Happy investing everyone.

D

DLDA

International Property Investor database & mailing list

Thanks Olly and Jvisman,

What I've done over the past 9 months is to get rid of as much debt as is sensible in the Australian property market. I've just kept the ones I want to keep long term. Rates have been going up there for years and anyone with a loan is mortgage stretched.

The worm is going to turn.

Personally, I like Phuket because of its location, beaches, climate, cost of living, pricing and relative security by asian standards.

However I'm not buying now. The bottom end of the market still has some good deals going, however these are becoming fewer and fewer as people try to make a quick buck and inflate the selling price. The mid market is as flat as a tack, however the upper end is business as usual.

I'm watching the market like a hawk. The banks are giving good rates on cash at the moment in Australia, so I'm happy to wait. I'm going to use it when the perverbial really hits the fan in Thailand, which will be before Australia, at which point I may turn my attention there again.

Happy investing everyone.
Good post and sound advice - theoretically. Its interesting that you are one of the few people to openingly discuss (and name) alternatives to the very 'pro-European' investment market. No doubt you're in agreement that most UK and european investors (and certainly the clients I have worked with),have a mindset hedged towards Europe because its a short flight away and they can go and tangibly feel their investment.

The analogy, I often use is that, if Mr Client was to by stock/shares/equity in a company, he shouldn't just select the company on the basis that he could walk into their Head Office and speak to the CEO.

People need to see Property Investing for what it is...INVESTMENT. Select carefully, based on facts that support your best chance of safe and secure returns, irrespective of the location.

My company is able to source a large variety of property deals such as new builds, bulk purchase deals, residential portfolios, villas, land, land deposit options, hotels and other commercial & tourism investment deals and opportunities. Our aim is to put the right deal in front of the right investor, offering either Short Term Capital Growth (STCG) investments with above average returns or Long Term Property Holding (LTPH),with extremely competitive percentage yield.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

midasproperty

The Uk has some good offers available at the moment, my last 2 portfolios i have sold have been 55 and 60% bmv

Status
Not open for further replies.