where in bulgaria

R

Raresaturn

Hi, where is a good area in Bulgaria to buy? I mean a historic type house not a new apartment.

O

okisen

Varna has a nice historic quarter with old buildings, as do Ruse. Also there are some nice villages in the Rodopi mountains, around pamporovo, with many authentic, old houses.

R

Raresaturn

Varna has a nice historic quarter with old buildings, as do Ruse. Also there are some nice villages in the Rodopi mountains, around pamporovo, with many authentic, old houses.
Ah thanks. Ruse looks interesting

J

Jain and Chris

I love the "museum towns" of Bulgaria - but then I would, as I live in one :) They have the majority of the real original traditional houses and are very pretty places, with all facilities. Also, they are protected areas, so you know that untoward building will not be allowed in order to keep everything in the style of the original architecture.

I must admit to loving Rousse too, the architecture is wonderful but I'm not keen on the mosquitoes on the Danube in summer. However, there is good access to Romania and Bucharest airport.

Lived in Sofia for four years and would not recommend it really. Great if you are doing business as it's the capital and for sure where most of the EU monies will be spent. Varna is good if you want to be on the coast, the sea gardens are a joy and even in July and August it is not that busy as most of the locals move off to the resorts for their holidays.

Not too keen on Veliko Turnovo myself. It's right in the middle and a long way from Varna or Sofia or Bourgas if you want an international airport. A lot of Brits and foreigners bought here and prices were pushed sky high: many are now selling as they are struggling to make ends meet and are heading back home.

Depends upon whether you want a city or a town and what you are looking for.... lots of choice! For us it was important to have all facilities within walking distance of our house and yet countryside as well to get out with the dog. We were also adament that we wanted traditional architecture.

Have a think about what is important to you, it will help you decide. If you need anything else, pm or email me.

Good luck, best wishes,

All best wishes

S

Silhana

Some advices

I agree that Varna is a good choice. The climate is very nice; there is old part in the heart of the city, near to the sea and the sea garden. Varna is with its own spirit, and you will love it. Please not those prices in Varna are much higher than in other regions of Bulgaria. You can't feel the crisis in Varna. Before buying please see "Some advices before buying a property in Bulgaria". You have to know that if you decided to buy a house with land, you have to set up Bulgarian company. As a foreigner, you can't own land, so you have to register a Company.
Very important, some colleagues skip this information, when you buy only an apartment or house you have to take BULSTAT registration as a foreigner owning property in Bulgaria. No longer than 2 months of the deal, you have to register your new property in the tax authority. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer you!

Good luck!

R

Raresaturn

Thanks for all your ideas, certainly a lot to follow up on!

Simon

A

Ashcon

I think you should also look at Plovdiv, its a really nice city with lots of historical sites and houses and it has an ampitheatre there is an old town and a new town. It is in the Rodopi mountains.The new plovdiv airport terminal has just opened this year too.

T

Timithypaul

Hi,

The Town of Pomorie its a class above the rest .

N

Nick_buyer

HI, I recomend you Veliko Tyrnovo or Rodopi mountain - something like a little village with some neightbours to your house.

B

beth

I think it depends on what the property is going to be used for. If for example it is going to be a holiday home, do you want to drive for hours from the airport? Do you want to be near the sea/mountains. So much to decide.

Personally, I like the area around Provadia, it has wonderful forests and hills, lots of bird life and yet only half an hour from the beach and Varna airport.

There is plenty to see and do around the area to keep you busy, the roads to the main places are very good. Provadia it self is modern and lively with everything you could need, and Varna and its array of city attractions is a short drive.

beth

P

Plamen

Hm,historical place...!???I think near Shumen,Pliska,Veliki Preslav .... or Veliko Turnovo!!!:)

L

lifeislife

We live in Elenite right next to the beach and the mountains. The wild live is magnificent, even dolphins regularly pass the complex. Bourgas which is quite a cosmopolitan City is only 30 minutes drive away.