Where have you bought in Egypt and why

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paddywin

thanks..great advice

hey swim...not exactly the answer i was looking for...thought this site was for swapping info to help each other out and inform people if there are any problems with investment properties, builders, agents etc...had a quick look at your earlier posts and at first you are seemingly very excited about your purchase and praising sahl hasheesh(veranda) as the best possible investment you could make in your lifetime, and i quote "you will be the proud owner of a place in the most sought after area in egypt" surrounded by lagoons, golf courses etc.etc.etc... and in the last few posts you its a complete about turn attitude saying there is nothing in it, no nightlife, bars,restaurants and hurghada is a better investment.....what happened to your apt in sahl?...did you pull out for some reason?...or are you perhaps (as you described someone else on here) " an agent in disguise" and have moved your interest from sahl to hurghada?...would hate to think your short and uninformative answer was anything to do with the fact that my name is paddy an obviously irish?....let us know....thanks...paddy the irishman

P

paddywin

hi

Hi swim-maestro - using capitals would indicate that you possibly know something that I am not aware of. Could you enlighten me please? If you do not wish to reply on this thread - you can always PM me. Many thanks
hi cuerdley...I just wondered if maybe you heard anything back from swim maestro about sahl hashees and any problems he might have encountered..he kinda dropped a hint that he did have probs with his CAPITAL's answer to your first post to him...I asked him the same question and got a short and sweet "at the end of the day its up to you"...not really the answer i was looking for but thought he might have given you some more info?...lets know...cheers...paddy

S

SuziQ2708

hey swim...not exactly the answer i was looking for...thought this site was for swapping info to help each other out and inform people if there are any problems with investment properties, builders, agents etc...had a quick look at your earlier posts and at first you are seemingly very excited about your purchase and praising sahl hasheesh(veranda) as the best possible investment you could make in your lifetime, and i quote "you will be the proud owner of a place in the most sought after area in egypt" surrounded by lagoons, golf courses etc.etc.etc... and in the last few posts you its a complete about turn attitude saying there is nothing in it, no nightlife, bars,restaurants and hurghada is a better investment.....what happened to your apt in sahl?...did you pull out for some reason?...or are you perhaps (as you described someone else on here) " an agent in disguise" and have moved your interest from sahl to hurghada?...would hate to think your short and uninformative answer was anything to do with the fact that my name is paddy an obviously irish?....let us know....thanks...paddy the irishman
Hi Paddy, Top of the morning to you :) (oops it's evening, oh well better late than never LOL) I'm sorry you have been offended by comments that swim posted. Unfortunately, this does happen to most of us at some time or other. Just pick yourself, dust yourself off and carry on, please do not allow this type of reaction/comment prevent you from posting on the forum. I'm sure you've already sussed out that the majority of us are friendly, informative people and love sharing our experiences, both good and not so good, on to others via this forum. It's just a shame that occasionally we do come across people that seem to thrive on upsetting others.

C

cuerdley1989

hi cuerdley...I just wondered if maybe you heard anything back from swim maestro about sahl hashees and any problems he might have encountered..he kinda dropped a hint that he did have probs with his CAPITAL's answer to your first post to him...I asked him the same question and got a short and sweet "at the end of the day its up to you"...not really the answer i was looking for but thought he might have given you some more info?...lets know...cheers...paddy
Hi paddywin - sincere apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I received a PM from swim and it appears he is becoming frustrated with the slow progress in Sahl Hasheesh.
I was in Sahl Hasheesh earlier this month and purchased a property there. I really hope that it turns out to be as good as we all expect it to be because it is a stunning location.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hi paddywin - sincere apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I received a PM from swim and it appears he is becoming frustrated with the slow progress in Sahl Hasheesh.
I was in Sahl Hasheesh earlier this month and purchased a property there. I really hope that it turns out to be as good as we all expect it to be because it is a stunning location.
Hi guys when does anything move quickly in Egypt:D Sahl Hasheesh will take a few years to complete and is behind schedule but look at the size of the project. It must be a Project Managers nightmare, property investment should always be viewed as medium to long term, i would say the latter for Sahl Hasheesh. However, when it is finished and as long as it is finished to the standards they are saying then WOW how good will be be.

I think once the first golf course is ready and you can see the striking colours between the sand and the grass it will look amazing, just like El Gouna. Keep your chin up (and the other one:D) and just think ahead.

P

paddywin

dont worry

hey cuerdley...i would'nt be worrying about your apt in sahl, i have been there a few times since they started building, ok they are a little slow but it is a huge development ...but i have to say its such a fabulous setting and when the place is finished it will be stunning...i have heard it being refered to as "little dubai" so that cant be bad lol....and recently i'v heard that tiger woods is to sign off on one of the golf courses there...dont know how true that is as he has never signed off on a golf course anywhere else in the world but would'nt it be a nice little cherrie on the cake lol......chin up..paddy

S

satanmademedoit

Laguna Vista and Sharm Residence, Nabq

Anyone here bought in these?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi no not on those but just down the road on Sierra resort which is next to Jasmine centre and opposite Magic Club Life hotel. We had our handover last summer and the apartment has now been registered in the courts with all the appropriate stamps etc.

I do personally know a few people that have bought villas and live full time on Sharm Residence - Pete and his family have a villa there and they own St Georges Bar at Jasmine Centre and are a lovely family.

S

spider

Lotus

Suleder (quite good location adn will soon be finished and ready to resell),Lotus and Hurghada Dreams (good location both),all together 10 apartments, mainly 2 bedrooms and yes, it's not for persoanl use but investition :) For personal use I'm looking to yellow-red beachfront building in front of Lotus development. Anybody have idea of name and developer or some contact where I can buy it?
Sorry, can`t answer yur q but i to have bought a 2 bed in Lotus, for investment. Howeve, we like the Esplanade area so will probably spend more time there than orgininally planned. Do you know anyoe else who has bought in Lotus?

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
If you are still interested in the red-yellow beachfront development in front of Lotus 3 please PM me, I may be able to help.

M

mtrtnik

Sorry Peter, bad timing. I'm without money at the moment but mabye somewhere in the future. What's the approx price per sqm in Esplanada at the moment?

I

imogen04

Hi all.
We have purchaced a 2 bed villa appartment [frontline] on Oasis Marina beach. There used to be lots of active chat about this development last year when this site was called totally property-why did it all suddenly stop? Does anyone know? It would be nice to get it up and running again cos as a nervous first time investor it would be nice to have some friendly advice or chat from people in the same situation. Thanks

R

robertoferrante

We've bought in Oriental Coast, Marsa Alam, in the first part of the project: Las Cabanas villas, with the sea at your doorstep...
It is far better than a lot of locations in Hurghada area: nature, sea, prices, Marsa Alam international Airport with a lot more flights from Europe...
Beautiful project, indeed.
Roberto

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all.
We have purchaced a 2 bed villa appartment [frontline] on Oasis Marina beach. There used to be lots of active chat about this development last year when this site was called totally property-why did it all suddenly stop? Does anyone know? It would be nice to get it up and running again cos as a nervous first time investor it would be nice to have some friendly advice or chat from people in the same situation. Thanks
Hi some of the threads were taken down Im afraid and its nothing to do with the name change from Totally Property to Property Community.

J

Julie Mee

We've bought in Oriental Coast, Marsa Alam, in the first part of the project: Las Cabanas villas, with the sea at your doorstep...
It is far better than a lot of locations in Hurghada area: nature, sea, prices, Marsa Alam international Airport with a lot more flights from Europe...
Beautiful project, indeed.
Roberto

Hi Roberto, Look forward to seeing you there in the future. I'm buying an apartment in block 13.
Julie

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Oasis Marina

Hi all.
The thread was taken off at the request of the Developers due to some negative posting from members. Owners now have their own private forum on Google Groups; just look for the 'Oasis Marina' Group.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Around 3000$ per m2 although you may get deals if you shop around as they are mostly resales

R

robertoferrante

Hi Julie,
sure we'll meet there...
What do you mean with "I'm buying", not bought yet? How it is going?
Roberto

Status
Not open for further replies.