Where have you bought in Egypt and why

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Smart Money

I bought on the marlion...10% rent for 5 years, cashflow positive beach front. 4 weeks free use per year

Stacks up

10% yield guaranteed for 5 years :eek: - Can any of the agents verify this? I cant find any info on the Marlion

regards

Steve

Last edited:
P

propertastic

Yes, this is correct.

10% Guaranteed for 5 years as Marlion is being created as an apart-hotel. It is really a project that is only for pure investors as there is no 'opt-out' of the rental scheme. You couldn't, for example, just decide that you want to live there permanently (which is a shame, as it's in such a perfect location that I really would consider buying there to live).

Another bonus is that you only need to put 35% of the cash down now, with the remaining 65% upon ocmpletion in March 2010.

We have full information about it on our site.

G

giovanna

hi to all,
i m Giovanna and i work in a real estate....and i bought in Hurghada a flat , 4 years ago, and now my flat can cost more than double than when i payed.
The Red Sea is the best investment now!

ciao

B

Bianka

where will you bought in egipt ? or where did you

I am new here and I like to buy some 1.bed or studio apartment in egipt! I am interesting to buy someting off plan 100% free hold. I am wondering where did you buy or you will buy this year? I want to find someting with a good pay plan, like 40% max. now and 60% in the next 2 years, with posibility of rental shame per 5 years! i am not in a rush and i can wait to someting new comes out too:)

regards from Slovenia

Bianka

L

LesJohnson007

Hello all,

I have put down the deposit on a Coral Sea Pearl 2 bed ground apartment back in May and just sitting tight until D day. Could seombody help put some of my nerves at rest with some useful info as Im a young guy purchasing a properpty abroad for the first time.

Hello again

Les

L

Lsab

Hello Les

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

Most of the members here are first time overseas buyers - and for some it's their first ever property purchase - so I'm sure you'll get plenty of support.

If you've any particular questions that you need answering and aren't sure which thread to post them in, just let one of the moderators know - myself and Alison (Queenie40something). Likewise if you've any problems finding your way around the forum.

Everyone here is very friendly and I'm certain that, before you know it, you'll be offering advise not just asking for it!

Best wishes
Linda

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hello all,

I have put down the deposit on a Coral Sea Pearl 2 bed ground apartment back in May and just sitting tight until D day. Could seombody help put some of my nerves at rest with some useful info as Im a young guy purchasing a properpty abroad for the first time.

Hello again

Les
Hi Les, what do you need to know, I will do my best to help?

C

charliesurf

Hi,

I'm Charlie and I have bought off-plan a 2 bed First floor appartment on the Zomoruda development. It apporx halfway between El Gouna and Hurghada. This attracted me as I felt I would benefit from both of those developed locations. I am a keen waterman and have been after a place I could use to kitesurf and holiday with my family in a year round destination.
FlyGlobespan recently announced direct flights from Glasgow to Hurghada, so thats a bonus. I am unsure how long this route will last though !

I have invested with my father in law and hope to rent out appartment if possible, although fortunately Its not a necessity.

This was one of the few places that ticked all of my boxes ( red sea - check. year round sunshine - check , great for watersports - check , affordable 2 bed appt - check ) whats not to like.

I have bought and sold many places in Scotland, but never abroad. I am both excited and apprehensive at the same time. But nothing ventured nothing gained.

Hope to speak to you all more soon

Charlie

P

paddywin

hi there..name's paddy, hope you are all in good form, i stumbled across this site and am so glad i did, it is great to see that so many others have purchased in hurghada, for a while there i thought we were the only english speaking people to do so lol...have been all over egypt but fell in love with hurghada and have been there a number of times ,we recently purchased a villa there(well just over a year ago),its not complete yet as we bought directly from the builder and so we have to finish ourselves...unfortunately work commitments have kept us at home in ireland this past year but we are flying out on the 27th of december for 4 weeks, doing a bit of travelling around and spending the last 10 days in hurghada, have arranged to meet a cpl of builders to price finishing and hope to have it complete by the end of april....would be nice to chat to others about purchasing experiences in egypt cause i have to say i had a great laugh and it was all so easy....thanks for listening...hope to hear back

C

charliesurf

Hi Paddy,

good luck with it all.

4 weeks holiday sounds fanatstic, wish it was me. Have a great time

Charlie

E

enufsaid

we haven't bought anywhere yet, so will take our time trying to read all the posts, especially this one.

C

cuerdley1989

My wife and I have purchased a 2 bedroom apartment at Ocean Blue in Sahl Hasheesh due to the stunning location and panoramic views, plus the excellent build quality. Sahl Hasheesh is going to be a remarkable resort when it is fully operational. It took our breath away.

S

swim-maestro

My wife and I have purchased a 2 bedroom apartment at Ocean Blue in Sahl Hasheesh due to the stunning location and panoramic views, plus the excellent build quality. Sahl Hasheesh is going to be a remarkable resort when it is fully operational. It took our breath away.
A word of advice "DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH" :) HAVE A GOOD DAY...

C

cuerdley1989

A word of advice "DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH" :) HAVE A GOOD DAY...
Hi swim-maestro - using capitals would indicate that you possibly know something that I am not aware of. Could you enlighten me please? If you do not wish to reply on this thread - you can always PM me. Many thanks

P

paddywin

hi

hey thanks charlie...good luck with your place also...will be in el gouna for a cpl of nights..if you like we will drop down and check on the progress of your place while there, take a few pics etc

P

paddywin

hi

hi swim...we were thinking of buying something in sahl hasheese....did you have problems?....lets know...thanks...paddy

G

gordies

I have bought a 2 bed in Hurghada Village and a 3 bed at Red Sea developments.

The 2 bed was purchased as a rental property and I hope to be able to rent it out for a good few months of the year.

The 3 bed is for family and close friends and not designed to be a rental property as it is a very small development with a 24x7 heated pool and a sun trap roof terrace.

These are my first off plan ventures.

cheers, Gordie

A

anokayperson

Banned
I have bought a 2 bed in Hurghada Village and a 3 bed at Red Sea developments.

The 2 bed was purchased as a rental property and I hope to be able to rent it out for a good few months of the year.

The 3 bed is for family and close friends and not designed to be a rental property as it is a very small development with a 24x7 heated pool and a sun trap roof terrace.

These are my first off plan ventures.

cheers, Gordie
Good luck to you - the idea of doing something like this before for many Brits seemed unheard of. But when you ask around friends etc, many of them are either thinking of buying abroad, if the price is right, or have already bought. It's a great adventure and will hopefully pay off, especially if it's for an investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.