Where have you bought in Egypt and why

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wayne_harris

Hi,
We are buying a 2 bed apartment in Regency Towers, for holidays, investment and rent out to friends and family, chose this one for the location and heated pool, plus lovely big bright apartments. Can't wait to use it!!!!

Dawn

L

Lsab

Hi Dawn,

We considered Regency Towers but went for Regency Beach in the end. You'll be in your place long before we will though:)

W

wayne_harris

Hi Isab, That looked really nice aswell, but a bit more money for us. My ova half likes getting up early and going for walks, so our location is good for him and also the teenagers we have in our care wanted us to go for this one, because close to aqua park and bowling. I would buy all 3 if I could. Oasis Resort, regency beach and ours, love em all. I think you have made a really good choice! And all though you dont need it good luck with yours. I hope we get to see every one on here at sometime.

Dawn

L

Lsab

Hope so too. There's a really friendly community building up here, isn't there?

J

jeang

Descisions, descisions???

Hi, Ive been looking at the Hurghada market for some time now, and can't seem to make up my mind on where to buy. There just seem to be so many great opportunities...

Could anyone help me on simplifying the process...

I am looking for something small, no more than 30,000UKS preferably with the furniture pack included. I want something that will have a rental agency with good rental returns, as I am purchasing mainly as an investment. I am based in South Africa, so its not as quick or affordable to get there as it is for those in the UK, but I will most likely end up using the apartment once a year. The development should be freehold, and have a reputable developer. I would love a beachfront development, but if another development can offer equal retunrs or even better then I'm interested to. At the moment I'm torn between Pyramids 2, Riviera Beach, Regency Beach and Hania Beach....

ANY ADVICE?

Thanks so much. Jean.

L

lyndsay552

Have you been out to Hurghada yet? I would definately recommend going out to view the area. It makes the decision much easier.

Lyndsay

J

jeang

Have you been out to Hurghada yet? I would definately recommend going out to view the area. It makes the decision much easier.

Lyndsay
Unfortunately not. I would love to, but wont be able to do so before most of the expected price increases are due.

L

lyndsay552

We went out at the end of January. I had done a lot of research on the internet and thought I knew where I wanted to buy.

This completely changed once we got out and saw all the different developments.

W

wayne_harris

Hi Isab,
Haven't been on here for while. But yes would love to meet up with people on this forum. Its nice chatting on here and getting some good advice. I check all the threads almost daily gathering information that may come in handy. And I love making friends!! :)

Dawn -x-

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
There is no better way to consider a property investment than visiting the area in which you wish to buy; looking at all of the available options and choosing what best suits your investment objectives and budget.

W

wayne_harris

Hi Lyndsay
I see your on here bright and early. Just come on to have a look at any new comments. Plus the weather is miserable. Will start checking out flight prices for the summer holidays as would love to go over and stay in our new apartment.

Dawn -x-

L

lyndsay552

Hi Dawn,

The summer flights seem to be very expensive. When do you hope to go over?

We booked for the end of April, fingers crossed the apartment is ready. I'm excited already!!

Take care

Lyndsay

W

wayne_harris

Hi Lyndsay
I would love to go over anytime after 9th august. But it has to be in school hols as I have to bring me kids. But as you say its expensive so it may not be possible. Also I don't know when our apartment will be finished. Because when it is finished do we have to go and look at the apartment and then sign the contracts?
Dawn -x-

L

lyndsay552

Hi Dawn,

We have already signed contracts and paid in full to our solicitor but he has held back 10% until we snag the apartment. Don't panic if you can't get over and snag yourself I think that there are a few people that could do it for you. But I know what it's like, you want to go and do it yourself. That's the exciting part!!

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi my developer has basically given us as much time as we need to get over and do the snagging ourselves.

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
to add to this thread

i have now with my good lady wife, reserved a 1 bed top floor apt at pearl vista ..

why ?? just saw the site on the road to el gouna and really liked the potential. a compromise to being unable to afford at a more prestigeous development. also considered nubia resort regency beach marlion residences..

G

Gee69

West Side Village Vs Hania Beach !!

Guyz,

Both have comparable aspects I guess.

What is your take :)

Gee

W

wayne_harris

:D Hi Thanks Lyndsay, Is that why your going over soon, to snagg your apartment? Im so glad you've brought an apartment in regency towers, because you're giving us so much needed information. I do worry cos I have heard so many horror stories in the past about people buying properties abroad, then finding out there is no property or other horrible things have happened. Thats why we never brought in the past. But we do feel we have done the right thing and this forum is brilliant. You have been really helpful to us and it would be really nice to meet you sometime over there. I feel like I have made some friends already and we are not alone. I really can't wait to get out there!!!

Cheers Dawn -x-

W

wayne_harris

Hi my developer has basically given us as much time as we need to get over and do the snagging ourselves.
Hi Alison, Thats good news. It would be nice if ours do the same, cos when you have foster children, you have alot of arranging to do, if you bring them with you or not, plus they not allowed time off school. We like bringing our children with us anyway. They are really excited to get out there aswell.

Dawn -x-

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Alison, Thats good news. It would be nice if ours do the same, cos when you have foster children, you have alot of arranging to do, if you bring them with you or not, plus they not allowed time off school. We like bringing our children with us anyway. They are really excited to get out there aswell.

Dawn -x-
Hi Dawn - this is what I needed clarifying in our contract and basically found it was ok to go out when it suited us. We are similar to you in that our youngest is taking her mocks at the mo and next yr will be taking her GCSE's so we have to be careful when we can go back out. Im lucky that I can leave her with Pops and go out on my own.

Regards

Alison xx

Status
Not open for further replies.