ad

Where do landlords stand with tenant evictions during/post Covid?

R

realdeals

There is no doubt that Covid is not going away and we will likely see a second wave at some point. Even though the government and landlords have been understanding of the situation of tenants, non-payment or reduced payment of rent cannot continue forever. Where do landlords stand with regards to tenant evictions during and immediately after Covid?

F

FWL

It seems as though evictions will begin again fairly soon but there is so much moral and political pressure on landlords that this could change at any moment. Are you considering starting eviction proceedings against any of your tenants at the moment?

F

Faseret

During the pandemic and lockdown, I negotiated an affordable repayment plan with my landlord. And besides, I asked for government funding to be able to pay the rent.

D

Dora Wi

During the pandemic and lockdown, I negotiated an affordable repayment plan with my landlord. And besides, I asked for government funding to be able to pay the rent.
It's great that you were able to do that. A lot of landlords have been more understanding among these circumstances, fortunately - though there are also a lot of people who, sadly, got evicted...

D

DokottoYumey

Ok, thanks for the reasoning, I'll think about it...

N

NoahPayne95

good to know that there is a way to solve this problem peacefuly for both sides

F

fgrealty

Helpful...!! Thanks for sharing