What's the interest rate in Brazilian Banks?

M

mediasoft78

brazil interest rates

we just struggled and finally opened company account here at ITAU (you should know it's not so easy here in Brazil you need braziian to be an administrator of the company) we're in Brazil now and we can get 12.5 % per year SO putting 2 Millions R$ after tacxation (12-24 months is 17% taxes which they deduct along the monthly payments of interest rates ) so that is nice interest rate better but in case anytthing goes wrong banks guarantee 80000 R$ only - seems anyway brazil cannot afford argentina or 1990 inflation and crach scenery when it had cruzeiro in the past so feel free to contact us we can arrange it all promptly

our skype id is (not allowed)
Z

Dear forum,

I spent the last 2 hours trying to navigate from a bank to bank, HSBC, Banco Do Brasil, Unibank, Santander, using Google Translate and trying to find how much the banks there will offer me on savings accounts, as the interest rate in Brazil is very high (currently 10.75% and on this coming Wednesday expected to go even higher to 11% or 11.25%).

I couldn't find any information, perhaps because I don't speak Portuguese very well but my question is how much interest rate can you get on deposits of around 2 million real?

Can you get around 15%?

Here in the UK we get peanuts for our savings and I'm fed up with the UK banks, I'm looking for a higher return and wouldn't mind to convert £ to BRL if that's necessary.

Please help.

J

JMBroad

You don't need a Brazilian to be the administrator you need a resident in Brazil to be the administrator - regardless of nationality

M

mediasoft78

you can definitely get 15% on 2 Millions Reais we can assure you that - you can deal face to face here personally and you usually get what you want here with that ammount of money is not a problem ;-)

M

mediasoft78

visa in brazi

if u have 2500 USD $ pension per month you can proove that you can ge visa in brazil if you're retired

warm regards
Z

I have no idea why you are answering this to me, what I am interested in is "If I bought a property in Brazil would that then allow me a visa to live there? as Im retired" and does anyone know excatly what the procedure is to get a visa in Brazil without marrying a Brazilian or having a child there, are there any other ways to get a living visa for Brazil??

debzor

debzor

if u have 2500 USD $ pension per month you can proove that you can ge visa in brazil if you're retired

warm regards
Z
Actually I think it is USD 2000 per month from a government scheme (not private pension),plus you now have to be over 60.

P

penelopy

Wow,that sounds amazing.But how do you get what you want?
you can definitely get 15% on 2 Millions Reais we can assure you that - you can deal face to face here personally and you usually get what you want here with that ammount of money is not a problem ;-)

M

mediasoft78

brazil interest rates

off course it's not easy you need to invest something before that's clear nobody told it's simple -you need Bank account in Brazil and once you manage to get that than it's simple from that point onwards - surely you need to take some risks opening a bank accoun in brazil since you need brazilian person or resident in brazil you can really trust until the moment you get visa - this is company bank account i'm talking about - once you get visa and perm residency in Brazil that you can open personal account as well and put money as well - but it's true they give he highest interest rates in the world i think so people not knowing that don't do that as you mentioned before - we know now and find out money makes money so why having money in UK (like UK guy told) and getting 2-3 % on the year while here you can certainly get 10%-15% at lowest ?

I doubt it`s that`s simple as everybody would be doing it.

P

penelopy

off course it's not easy you need to invest something before that's clear nobody told it's simple -you need Bank account in Brazil and once you manage to get that than it's simple from that point onwards - surely you need to take some risks opening a bank accoun in brazil since you need brazilian person or resident in brazil you can really trust until the moment you get visa - this is company bank account i'm talking about - once you get visa and perm residency in Brazil that you can open personal account as well and put money as well - but it's true they give he highest interest rates in the world i think so people not knowing that don't do that as you mentioned before - we know now and find out money makes money so why having money in UK (like UK guy told) and getting 2-3 % on the year while here you can certainly get 10%-15% at lowest ?
Sounds a load of hype.Are you an agent ??

P

penelopy

why would somebody pay 800 reais per mth.That`s a lot...bang goes the so interest!!!!
Doing it this way will cost you a few k to setup then at least 800 R$ per month to run.

There is a fund opening soon that allows you to invest this way but with no worries about an administrator running off with your money, etc..

Regards,
Rob.

P

penelopy

the secret is being Brazilian.It`s easy for you...What do you work as?
12% is an accurate figure I am brazilian and live here in UK but my investments are all in brazil and I do get easy 12% in CDB no risk involved and it pays more than average savings account today around 8-9%

Although, I now have found a new way to get way more than that! I'm investing in properties just in the first stage of it and already got from 70k brazilian reals invested another 30k brazilian reals in just 8 months.

I you want to now more about it drop me an email I'll be glad to answer your questions.

eraizel

eraizel

I'm a lawyer and I work doing the legal work for foreigners in Brazil. I just noticed how they were doing money and I'm copying it. LOL

B

Bleeeh

I'm a lawyer and I work doing the legal work for foreigners in Brazil. I just noticed how they were doing money and I'm copying it. LOL
Tell me more about that, I'm interested to know.
I cannot PM unfortunately.

M

mitico67

Tell me more about that, I'm interested to know.
I cannot PM unfortunately.
Opening a bank account in Brazil it's difficult but not impossible even without a permanent visa.