What's happening in the Brazilian real estate market

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dhoskings

How much was the property where a land rover was thrown in. I am not sure on the price of a brand new land rover, but I am thinking it must be about 120 to R$150k? So obviously you were quoted a over the top price to start with. It sounds likethey saw you coming from miles away.....:rolleyes:

John I appreciate what you are saying about discounts from pre-launches ,launches but discounts are had on pre launched prices,launching prices,buying and selling negotiations privately prices. I have bought from pre launches and not pre launches ,private individual sales and all with discounts. This is the country where cars and land are thrown in so as to complete sales and dsicounts are had across the board and not just new developments.I was just offered a Land Rover as part of a sales deal .My response was pretty quick "But I already have a car why do I need another". The sale went ahead without the lux car,but people do except cars,quite extrodinary really.

As they say -Anything goes in Brasil !

I'll visit some time[.I actually haven't seen the projects of your company,but i'll give you a call sometime.

Happy Sunday.QUOTE=JMBroad;101941]Relatively new in Natal yes - but been here long enough to have a couple of completed and delivered developments, with another one in construction, one in licensing and another four or so in planning.

Yes I know of Moura Dubeaux Engenharia and Delphi Engenharia - they have some fine developments - they build mainly the high end luxury developments with high end prices. All depends on your investment strategy - if you are buying to live there or as an investment, who your resale market is, how much you want your money to earn for you, etc.

Grup Immobiliari hasn't built any Casas Popular (social housing projects) yet so not sure where you have that information from - the developments we've delivered so far are luxury apartments in Ponta Negra (as mentioned we were doing what everyone else was doing and building expensive apartments). Our current development is medium income housing (not popular but also not luxury) although the three bedroom villas cost less than an apartment in Ponta Negra the qualities will be above average for the price range.

Regarding the article and the discounts - as Rob explained - if you buy during construction you get a discount to market value... in other words during construction you pay one price (the same price everyone pays),when construction is complete you pay another price. Standard way all developers do business with offplan developments all around the world.
[/QUOTE]

D

Dotty

Banned
A new Land Rover in Natal is approx 200,000.It's just a selling technique people can and do use here and is excepted when they want to possibly hold on to their cash or don't have the full cash.It is not uncommon for people to complete a transaction using this method. What do you mean quoted over the top price to start with .A car wasn't excepted!
How much was the property where a land rover was thrown in. I am not sure on the price of a brand new land rover, but I am thinking it must be about 120 to R$150k? So obviously you were quoted a over the top price to start with. It sounds likethey saw you coming from miles away.....:rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

J

JMBroad

Moving several posts here from other posts as this discussion was happening on a thread regarding a specific development.

D

dhoskings

A new Land Rover in Natal is approx 200,000.It's just a selling technique people can and do use here and is excepted when they want to possibly hold on to their cash or don't have the full cash.It is not uncommon for people to complete a transaction using this method. What do you mean quoted over the top price to start with .A car wasn't excepted!
[/QUOTE]

ok, so now you are saying that you were offered a land rover in exchange for your property.

That is called exchange, it doesn't have anything to do with discounts at all. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

D

Dotty

Banned
No ,but as a part exchange.Now if you check the threads there was a discussion on discounts.I'm almost certain it's somewhere in the Jacuma thread. As a buyer do you pay the full asking price(question mark key problem;);)ok, so now you are saying that you were offered a land rover in exchange for your property.

That is called exchange, it doesn't have anything to do with discounts at all. :rolleyes::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.