What we are up against.....

L

Lysos

Just had this from a friend who has been developing , building, renovating etc. in Cyprus for the last 10 years:

"Met a guy working for the 'government' who did nothing but complain about the current economic situation & how it affected his standard of living.

I asked him to explain as he had said he was on a salary of €4,000 net. Apparently, when he goes out to eat with his family (4 or 5 times a week) now He has to pay, whereas before a developer or contractor would pick up the bill, so he is having to cut back on family outings (!!!)...

Worse still, he now has a shortfall of €30 - 35k. in his 'Oxygen' supply as back handers have dropped to virtually zero."

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
It's high time these greedy people learnt that most people have to work very hard for their money and earn much less than they do.
These greedy government workers (well actually they don't know the meaning of the word work)have had it too easy for too long.

L

Lysos

I should have added that the €4,000 net is per month !.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Yes I'd worked that out. Thats enough to live a king here but some of these who have government jobs get far too greedy.:boxing:

F

FSB

IMHO, most government workers are over paid, useless good for nothing crooks.

It's time there was a massive shakeup in the ranks. Bring in major consultants from abroad, no ones cousin, uncle, etc etc and get these buggers to work efficiently. Their salaries should be performanced based. We need tables similar to the UK to weed out the dead wood.

Thats my take on Cypriot government workers. it's no wonder everyone and his dog wants a government job.

G

grumpy001

There is simply too many people employed by the government and too many levels of beaurocracy to plough through for the most simple of issues.

However most people were aware of that before they came over.

The quite open backhanders that happened have all but dried up, but at least here those backhanders were quite open and clear for most to see. In many countries they occur daily but are well hidden.

A government worker netting 4k monthly should already e high up the food chain, so a general rationalising of salaries would be a great help.

Look out for the marches and protests if anything is atttempted to bring them into line, as these workers basically run the establishment.