ad

What property markets are you looking at for 2018?

N

nmb

As we approach the end of 2017, what property markets are you looking at for 2018? Is there value in Europe? Will the UK bounce back? Is it time to look at the Far East? Or perhaps Donald Trump has your confidence going forward and an investment in US property is on the cards?

D

diyhelp

Personally I think there is still good value in the UK although investors will need to be selective. The doom and gloom has been overdone.

N

nmb

I am not a big buyer of the UK in the short term - not until Brexit has been sorted. There may be some good opportunities in China if the market tanks due to government meddling?

D

diyhelp

Not sure about China - the government over there can move the goal posts overnight. Not my kind of market to be honest :)

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Surely Germany must be one of the greater benefactors of the UK leaving Brexit? France will be the next strongest member but still miles behind Germany in terms of economic and political power.

N

nmb

Any views on Spain and Portugal? Will they remain subdued until expats return?

K

kadirayoobuae

I can’t say much about the property markets for Europe and the UK. In general, it is difficult to predict the real estate market for any region. For the UAE and Dubai however, predictions are that the real estate market would be ideal for home buyers. Investors are likely to invest even more in 2018. We should see the real estate market in Dubai and UAE soften.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I am a little confused, you are suggesting that the UAE and Dubai property markets will attract even more investment in 2018 yet you expect the markets to soften? Are you positive, neutral or negative on the UAE and Dubai real estate markets?